Ambient air temp should be 85 during the day. If the Beardie doesn't want to sit under the basking lamp it's typically because he wants a different temp gradient and currently isn't trying to Absorb UVA.

When my Beardie begins to act lethargic I try and reel back to pertinent behavior and interactions that may have caused it:
- did ambient air temps drop below 85? (During the hottest part of the day here in Northern California my ambient air temps will climb to 88 and then steady back out to 85 until the night light cycle. I use a 100 watt ceramic heat emitter and let it run 24 hours to achieve this. At nighttime temps stay 75-80.
- when is the last time my Beardie defecated? (Mushu rarely defecates unless I bathe her. If she seems bloated it may be time for a bath.)
-Is my Beardie going to shed? Unlike a BP a healthy Beardie sheds in sections. Mushu is typically a grump during certain sections of her shed and would rather just lounge around on these particular days.

"When you her hoof beats think horses not zebras"
Meaning when your troubleshooting odd behavior (<--- and it will happen every so often because they have so much personality) check the basics and try not to stress to much. These little ones will continually try and scare you until you figure out their particular personality. Please keep us informed.