Yesterday I got two rats to breed, and a new bin for them.

I'm going to go ahead an make another bin so I can move the male out because she looks as if she's gonna pop already. I have an actual pet cage, but its not that big and I wanna give him room to run around some. Also person I bought it from said she might be prego.

The tubs are on sale at wal-mart for $4, and I bought the Hardware cloth at Lowe's for $7 (5x2) which is enough for ten bins. So cost $4.70 per bin.

Instead of zip ties to hold the hardware cloth I just used the thin metal that was wrapped around it. Then just twisted it together, like the bag ties for trash bags, or bread bags. I also used a utility knife to cut the sides out, and used it for the holes (just push down and spin it).

I was aware of this happening and planed not to, but forgot about not cutting to low so they don't push the aspen through the hardware cloth. Not to big of a deal. I'll just have to remember for the next one.

He is some pics of them. She's the albino and he's the hooded. It's funny she stays close or even on him for protection.