Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,337

1 members and 2,336 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,146
Threads: 248,588
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Strider21
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Anyone working with African Fat-Tailed Geckos

another thing to look into may be lobster roaches, there a little bigger then crickets and breed like crazt. They dont make noise like crickets and just have to feed them and keep at 80-90F and they will breed. Good food suply, all you need is just one order but i dont think you would like them if you dont like crickets.
    bugs are bugs to me but crickets i due hate. Roaches only for me

Thanks

Re: Anyone working with African Fat-Tailed Geckos

I have heard that AFTs are sometimes very difficult to get switched over to mealworms, although I haven't had too much trouble with my small group. I have a pair of amels that I've had for a few years. The male switched over to mealworms very easily, but the female took longer. I haven't had an issue getting any of their hatchlings to eat mealworms. This spring I added a het patternless male and a whiteout female to my group. Both eat mealworms readily - especially the whiteout. However, they all seem to prefer crickets and since I have some Australian geckos that will only eat crickets, I feed the AFTs both crickets and mealworms. My female amel really needs crickets during the breeding season as she still isn't that crazy about mealworms. I'll bet roaches would work well as they are active like crickets.

The Urban Gecko and JMG have some of the newest morphs. AFTs are really getting interesting! GeckoForums.net has a few active AFT breeders and would be a good source of info for you.

Hope this is useful for you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12