Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,046

2 members and 1,044 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,604
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Sweet hybrid hook up

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Portal Reptile View Post
    i dont think i need to justify why i like different things....
    Its not justifying what you like. its justifying your reasons for the breeding of two totally different species in captivity.
    Alicia Holmes
    www.BerkshireBoids.com
    Enough snakes that i cant count them properly anymore.

Registered User Lance Portal Reptile's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MPenn View Post
    Is that a jungle carpet? If so, that would be one time that I know of that cross being tried.
    yes it is a jungle and have been told that i might be the 1st.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    What are you going to do with the offspring?

Do you have a guaranteed way to prevent these animals from getting mixed up later on when/if they are in other peoples hands and muddying up bloodlines in the future?

I wont hate on it, if you are approaching this in a responsible manner, and can Guarantee that the offspring you produce will never ever get mixed up into the bloodlines of either species. ( I will give the same to ANYONE producing hybrids)

If you have no plan... you need to start thinking of one.
    If you have seen any of the hybrids from this type of breeding, there is no way that they could be mistaken for either of the parent species. As for future high percentage crosses (if they are not sterile), it will be anyones gamble.

Quote Originally Posted by PythonWallace View Post
    There is no way, down the road at least. He can microchip all the babies and sell them for what they are, but then all of those people have the same responsability. How can anyone who produces hybrids guarantee that somewhere down the road someone with F3s or F4s all bred back to pure bps or pure carpets will be as honest. I think that's the last thing the carpet hobby needs at this point. And we've seen this exact issue happen with every species that's been hybridized; corns, carpets, boas... Truely responsible and honestly represented hybrids don't happen in the long run, no matter how responsible the intentions are at the begining of a project.
    You are right, the carpet world has had this problem for a very long time. There really is no way to know if these hybrids will get mixed into "pure" lines down the road or not. The best thing I can advise anyone, and I will say this caps, KNOW YOUR HISTORY ON YOUR ANIMALS AND BUY FROM A REPUTABLE BREEDER THAT CAN ALSO TELL YOU WHERE HIS/HER ADULTS CAME FROM. This has not really been much of a problem in the ball world yet but wait till those mongrel balls (75% ball x Borneos) get mixed into the gene pool by unscrupulous breeders.

Thanks

so whats this mudding bloodlines..if you have a hybrid carpet ball bredd it to a ball breed those babies to a ball and those babies to balls what would be wrong with the blood in it?
    would it not breed...not get the results of the ball morph you want or whatever...someone explain

hybrids look dope that burm ball is sick and im all for hybrids.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by azpythons View Post
    so whats this mudding bloodlines..if you have a hybrid carpet ball bredd it to a ball breed those babies to a ball and those babies to balls what would be wrong with the blood in it?
    would it not breed...not get the results of the ball morph you want or whatever...someone explain

hybrids look dope that burm ball is sick and im all for hybrids.

and i would breed them because...i like them....

wow...simply wow this guys a moron

(there beat you to it!!)

Thanks

And his justification for that is because he likes it.
    why do you watch t.v.????
    humans wouldnt do that in the wild...

Quote Originally Posted by mooingtricycle View Post
    Its not justifying what you like. its justifying your reasons for the breeding of two totally different species in captivity.

Thanks

You would have a mutt. No matter how many times you breed the hybrid back with a Ball....it will NEVER be pure. The issue here is that an animal who may look 'pure' down the road would still be say...10% carpet.

....so then down the road...you may purchase a 'pure' ball when in reality it could be a hybrid...

Although not considered hybrids...this is becoming a problem with morelia. It is hard to find a 'pure' JCP. Many have been crossed with Coastals, Diamonds, and IJ's. However people try to breed these offspring back to Jungles...but they are never the same.
    ____JOSHUA____
    ______
    ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!!

Kansas City Chiefs

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jerhart For This Useful Post:

Chuck (03-16-2009),MPenn (02-19-2009),Patrick Long (02-19-2009)

Thanks

ok so are there any problems with having a ball thats 10 percent carpet?? i mean when it comes to breeding or anything??

Quote Originally Posted by Jerhart View Post
    You would have a mutt. No matter how many times you breed the hybrid back with a Ball....it will NEVER be pure. The issue here is that an animal who may look 'pure' down the road would still be say...10% carpet.

....so then down the road...you may purchase a 'pure' ball when in reality it could be a hybrid...

Although not considered hybrids...this is becoming a problem with morelia. It is hard to find a 'pure' JCP. Many have been crossed with Coastals, Diamonds, and IJ's. However people try to breed these offspring back to Jungles...but they are never the same.

Do I get Paid for this??? LadyOhh's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,115 Times in 1,073 Posts
    Blog Entries

ok so are there any problems with having a ball thats 10 percent carpet?? i mean when it comes to breeding or anything??
    I wouldn't want it for my breeding stock..
    Heather Wong
    I AM the Wonginator
    Heather's Herps Website
    READ MY BLOG!!!
    Balls for Life, Baby!!!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LadyOhh For This Useful Post:

2kdime (02-19-2009),Chuck (03-16-2009),Holbeird (02-23-2009),MPenn (02-19-2009),OhBalls (02-20-2009),PythonWallace (02-19-2009)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Eh I like a few of the hybrids out there and don't have much against them. I wouldn't mind owning it for the novelty factor, that's about it though.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast