Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,245

1 members and 1,244 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,604
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 2,678 Times in 1,596 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Building & Plumbing a Rodent Rack

Quote Originally Posted by nofinga911 View Post
    What are the differences between using PVC or the rubber tubing?

How does the flow of water differ in each?

Thanks
    The PVC tubing never gets plugged up. It's just too wide for that. I've only ever had one tub get a clogged up sipper and I just replaced the sipper valve and it worked great again. Also, if you ever do have a mouse escape the escapee is going to get thirsty and will chew right through the rubber tubing. That doesn't happen with the harder and thicker PVC tubing.

Important note::: I had someone contact me recently to let me know that the 3/8" holes in the ends of the PVC caps don't work anymore, you need to drill a 1/4" hole now. It looks like Ag Select has changed the style of their screw in sippers so that they're smaller in diameter. So PLEASE make sure that the sippers screw in tightly to the end caps BEFORE you cement everything together.
    Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus

Thanks

When did they change their design? I ordered screw in sippers from them maybe a month ago and I got the 3/8" style. does the 1/4" allow as much water to flow through?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    The PVC tubing never gets plugged up. It's just too wide for that. I've only ever had one tub get a clogged up sipper and I just replaced the sipper valve and it worked great again. Also, if you ever do have a mouse escape the escapee is going to get thirsty and will chew right through the rubber tubing. That doesn't happen with the harder and thicker PVC tubing.

Important note::: I had someone contact me recently to let me know that the 3/8" holes in the ends of the PVC caps don't work anymore, you need to drill a 1/4" hole now. It looks like Ag Select has changed the style of their screw in sippers so that they're smaller in diameter. So PLEASE make sure that the sippers screw in tightly to the end caps BEFORE you cement everything together.
    agselect is way too expensive

http://www.klubertanz.com/ is much cheaper