Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 892

0 members and 892 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 19,924 Times in 11,906 Posts
    Hi...I've never kept an iguana, but when I belonged to a large herp society, some of the members brought a large male (rescued) iguana on a leash to help educate
    others about the pitfalls of keeping them. (one that one had worn out his welcome by attacking the woman of the household & not allowing her to go upstairs...really!)

Anyway, that iguana was actually orange in color when he was at the show, & was known to be quite healthy, so I'm guessing that the color change you're seeing may
    be the very same thing? I don't know how many iguana keepers are around on this forum, & it's been a little quiet lately anyway, so that's why I'm taking a crack at
    your question. I do not know if only one gender changes colors that way, or if they both do. If your iguana is eating like normal & acting healthy, she's probably fine.

But if you need to find a vet, or just want to have "her" (?) checked up, this site may help you find a qualified vet nearest you:

https://arav.site-ym.com/search/custom.asp?id=3661

BTW, IF your iguana happens to have been mis-sexed & is actually a male, and IF you are a female of reproductive age, you need to be aware that more than one owner
    has had issues of aggression from adult male iguanas towards adult females in the household at "that time of the month". Something (scent-wise) apparently just sets
    them off, so please be forewarned, as large iguanas can truly hurt you to the point of needing hospital care. A whack from their tail has been known to cut a man's arm
    to the bone, plus they can bite & have claws. Please do be careful no matter how docile "she" seems to be at this stage. Wild animals sometimes grow up with unpredictable instincts that influence their behavior.

And please do update us with whatever you find out, OK?
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 10-08-2020 at 03:38 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Specks (10-10-2020)