Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 852

0 members and 852 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,136
Threads: 248,585
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, dangereux

Thread: Tadpoles!

Threaded View

Thanks

Tadpoles!

Today I discovered that the pool on our property seems to be housing a bunch of tadpoles! I'd heard the frogs calling out there, and expected this to happen, as it has before. So I'm taking them in within the next few days (to save them from the chemicals in the pool and from those who may want to drain the pool with them in it).

I believe they are either gray tree frogs or Cope's gray tree frogs. I don't currently keep amphibians but know generally how to care for them. There doesn't seem to be a caresheet on gray tree frog tadpoles, so does anyone have any setup recommendations? And what do I feed them?

I'm thinking I'll drain the pool but cover the draining hole with a net of some sort, then try catching all I can.. the floor of the pool is covered with algae, so if I walk in it I will kick it up and it will be impossible to see.

Whenever the tadpoles appear in the pool we refer to them as "radioactive" because they survive despite the pool chemicals, literally end up growing HUGE, and look a lot more like fish than tadpoles. I'll see about posting pictures when I get them.

Any help or tips are appreciated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 55fingers For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (08-12-2018)