Hey all, I recently acquired an adult albino rosy boa, and have had her for a few weeks. She has been doing great, and is very alert, active, and handles very well, but I just had a few questions about some things that have come up regarding her care.

First of all, she turned opaque about a week ago, as if she were about to shed, I know sometimes snakes show signs of shedding, but then clear up, but will shed soon after. However, it has been about a week, if not more, since she showed signs, and she still has not shedded. The ambient humidity stays at 45% pretty consistently, never dipping below 40 or going above 50. I offered her a humid hide box I made, a plastic container of appropriate size with hole cut in it with damp sphagnum moss on the inside. She did pretty much anything to avoid going inside this hide, burrowing under it, or squeezing in the corner up against the glass behind it, she just really did not seem to like it. I have been keeping a water dish in with her as well, although I might try to get a bigger one soon, so it easier for her to soak in it if need be.

Secondly, she was previously fed live, but for convenience's sake I want to switch her to F/T. The first time I fed her went great, and she took the mouse right away, and everything was fine. But, the next week, which was after I saw her go opaque, she did not accept the mouse. She struck at it once, but did not latch on. I then tried wiggling it in front of her more, but she would not go for it. By the way, I feed her separately in a 10 gallon tank, if that matters. About four days after this I tried once again, but this time she did not even strike at the mouse. I tried a few tricks, such as heating it under a heat lamp for awhile, and left it with her for about an hour, but she completely ignored it. I attributed unsuccessful feedings to her shedding, as she fed readily on the F/T the first time I fed her. She has not pooped in the 20 days that I have had her either, which I thought was a bit odd, but I know some snakes can go a month or more without defecating, but I could not find any information on this specific to rosy boas.

All in all, I just wanted to make sure I was not overlooking something in her husbandry and care, as I want her to be as happy and healthy as she can be. Thanks!