Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,432

3 members and 3,429 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts

Retic update video live and whats in the box coming up . . .

Part 1 (2 from the original) of my update. Have lots of shots on my mac and its just about compiling. Its a rough edit, but its a size and talk showcase more than a colors. . .

Also coming tomorrow . . . WHATS IN THE BOX . . . or well whats in the air right now ;-)
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

DooLittle (03-12-2014),Gio (03-11-2014),OctagonGecko729 (03-11-2014),Pyrate81 (03-13-2014),TheSnakeGeek (03-14-2014),_Victoria (03-12-2014)

Thanks

Re: Retic update video live and whats in the box coming up . . .

Who's ready to play what's in the Box?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Great video with a lot of answers to questions I have. One thing I'd like to ask is how would you compare the last male SD or ones like I'm in the video, to Bredli, Inland, Jungle or Coastal carpet python?

Are the carpets as active and intelligent? Sizewise a 6-7 foot snake is really nice.

I love my Barranquilla, Colombian boa and find him quite active and curious. My son's royal python is really pretty boring. She's nice but not exciting at all.

If I were to ever add a 3rd snake, a SD retic, carpet or Mussurana would probably be on the list.
    Last edited by Gio; 03-11-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks

What's in the box??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Great video with a lot of answers to questions I have. One thing I'd like to ask is how would you compare the last male SD or ones like I'm in the video, to Bredli, Inland, Jungle or Coastal carpet python?

Are the carpets as active and intelligent? Sizewise a 6-7 foot snake is really nice.

I love my Barranquilla, Colombian boa and find him quite active and curious. My son's royal python is really pretty boring. She's nice but not exciting at all.

If I were to ever add a 3rd snake, a SD retic, carpet or Mussurana would probably be on the list.
    Bredlii and Coastal will be among the larger of the subspecies for carpet pythons. While I do not work directly with the Bredlii I do and have worked with Jungles, Coastals, Inland, and Irian Jaya. . .

Carpet pythons are pretty great feeders, and will put away food like no ball python ever wood. Inside the cage, some have cage aggression (mainly when younger), but are docile when you remove them from the cage. Same can be said for many retics (SD). Carpets are a lot less flighty. I can pull out my adult Coastal girl and put her on my chair while I Clean her cage, and she won't go far if anywhere, very slow moving, but fast striking in contrast... Carpets will get on the heavier side for the Coastals and well fed Jungles. Inland and IJ are going to be the smaller of the bunch, but IJ's are known to be fairly heavy bodied (mine are still quite young, turning two in may). I would say the Carpets make a great transition snake, but they don't add that much wow factor. SD's if you want pure, of course, also don't add much to the eye (Albino carpets though . . . wow! love them) but they are a lot more fun handling. Again, albeit a lot more flighty.

So let it be to your own opinion. Carpets are awesome simply because 1) they are australian, 2) they have lots of mutations now, 3) they are easily attainable and affordable, 4) slow moving outside of the cage, and 5) they feed extremely well.

SD retics are awesome because 1) they watch everything, as if they are making their mind up about whats happening around them, 2) they are still a retic 3) feeding them will get your heart going some days, 4) it steps up your snake handling game and keeps you more interactive, and of course 5) they feed extremely well once started.

You would not go wrong in either direction you choose to go. If you go with a Carpet, let me suggest you look into Psychotic exotics and AC Reptiles. If you want to get pure locals that come from the best German lines from some of the last australian imports, you need to hit up Nick Mutton from inland reptiles. I have 5 snakes from him, and they are all excellent. And he literally wrote the book on the Complete Carpet Python. . .

If you go with SD - I should have 75% SD's available end of this year (Platty het Anery, het anery, anery, and Platty anery). But if you want pure, check out Travis Kubes, Jason Reed, and if in a bind, Prehistoric Pets (they cost more, but I actually just got my shipment from them, and I have to say, wow... what was in the box was pure amazingness)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-11-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Thanks for the answers,

Sounds like a carpet is a good bet for me. I'm not up for chasing things around LOL!

Although a pure SD sounds fun. I'm not a morpher at all so I'd be fine with Mother Nature's colors.

Retic in the box?? From P/P??

Thanks
    it is a retic . . . and he is comfortably warming up in his QT tub

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

Gio (03-11-2014)

Thanks

I opened the box incase you missed it . . .

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

AlexisFitzy (03-14-2014),DooLittle (03-12-2014),Gio (03-11-2014),MonkeyShuttle (03-14-2014),Wes (03-12-2014),_Victoria (03-12-2014)

Thanks
    Awesome video man. I'm pretty new to retics. I have a 50% sd tiger and a 50% jamp pplatinum. It'svideos like this that really clear up a lot of questions In regards to size. And seeing you actually hold them gives everything perspective. Top notch sir, thank you.

Also being new, what morph is that you just purchased?

Thanks
    The new snake is an Anthrax. And yep, I was there trying to figure out sizing like you. And I tried to figure out exactly what could help people visualize what these snakes are like. For reference I am 6'3".

Have an update with my other dwarf tics coming hopefully later today.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast