Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,372

2 members and 3,370 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
    Registered User Taxiballbreeder's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Heating my DIY racks.

So I have constructed 2 DIY racks, One that is going to be for my females and it is 40 quart with the lids on design, this rack is 10 high, it is made of 3/4 in. plywood. The other one is going to be for my males and it is 32 quart size, it is slightly different in design due to it being a lidless design and it includes( slide) rails that the tubs slide in and out on. It also is 10 tubs high. Both of the racks are very close in height. I have done alot of research, And still I am stumped when it comes to heating these racks. The plywood rack I already have a piece of 11 in flexwatt installed on it but I have not tested it out yet-the flexwatt is secured to a piece of plywood and this is going down the middle of the back of the rack, on either side of this heat pannel if you will is a filler piece of peg board. The other rack I just finished today and am getting ready to install the flexwatt. SO FINALLY HERE IS MY QUESTIONS.

1. If I use the same length of 11 in. flexwatt for each rack, can I get away with a single thermostat.

2. Do you think because these are slightly different in design I will run into problems with the correct heat gradient.

I think as long as I keep the same length of FW I should be fine due to the racks being very similar in design. I just want to make sure before I complete this project. They are both enclosed on 3 sides so this should be fine.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Re: Heating my DIY racks.

in my opinion, you should get two thermostats. The tub size is different so the temperatures are going to be different and need different settings.
    Loads of balls around here
    1.0 Hubby, 1.0 New Son, 1.0 Dachshund

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wapadi For This Useful Post:

Taxiballbreeder (06-23-2012)