Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,317

3 members and 3,314 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,097
Threads: 248,540
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Travism91
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ballbids.com

Thanks

Re: Ballbids.com

Quote Originally Posted by mattchibi View Post
    Sorry, I commented before really doing my research on you guys.. Im open to the idea of making high-end morphs more accessible to the average breeder, but like Zack said, its really a new concept and it will take time for people to trust it. I really do hope you guys prove everyone wrong though!
    Thank you for the kind words, mattchibi! I appreciate it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aviBallBids View Post

Hi Mft62485!

My job at BallBids.com is to direct all of the company's digital marketing efforts. I developed the banner ads that you've being seeing, so i apologize for giving you a negative impression. Part of my banner development involves seeing what my competition has tested, and considering companies like Quibids and BidCactus have millions of dollars to test different ad variations, it was already proven that those ads would be effective at building our user base.

Again, I apologize for giving you a bad impression. Seeing as how we're a brand new website, it's obvious that no auctions have been completed yet. Instead, the ads were intended to give visitors an idea of the possibilities.

Please, let me know if there's anything else you're uncertain of!

-Avi =)

And how is this different from lying? I wish you luck in your business venture, but what you're doing is like a bait and switch. I can tell people I am just giving stuff away, and when they show up, oop's, I must have run out, but I'll give you a great deal on these. Yes, those snakes might be sold for those prices. But they haven't YET.
    Last edited by Mft62485; 12-07-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    0.1 Wife (Karisa)
    0.2 Normal BP (Kenzi, Snakespeare)
    1.0 Albino BP (Tiberious)
    1.0 Bumblebee BP (Bartlebee)
    1.0 Pinstripe BP (Sampson)
    1.3 Cornsnakes (Izzy, Silky Johnson, Serenity, & Molly)
    0.1 BCI (Athena)
    0.2 Kenyan Sand Boas (Medusa & Daisy)
    1.0 Hognose (Alejandro)
    0.1 Albino Granite Burm (Fury)
    1.0 Pueblan Milksnake (Artimus)
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reptar)
    0.0.1 Heosemys Grandis (Bowser)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mft62485 View Post
    And how is this different from lying? I wish you luck in your business venture, but what you're doing is like a bait and switch. I can tell people I am just giving stuff away, and when they show up, opp's, I must have run out, but I'll give you a great deal on these. Yes, those snakes might be sold for those prices. But they haven't YET.
    Thank you for wishing us well! And yes, the snakes depicted in our ads have yet to be auctioned off, but there is one thing I know for certain--somebody will win our Female Butter tomorrow for a low price, and someone will win our Female Fire early Sunday morning, at no cost, just for joining our website.

As I mentioned on our Facebook page, we're in for the long run, and I wouldn't dare ruin our reputation (Which is critical in this industry) in exchange for a few quick bucks.

It's good that there are a nice number of critics and watchdogs in this industry, otherwise the whole thing would crumble. After all, a lot of the exchanges that take place are based on trust and nothing more. This is why we only intend to purchase our snakes from trusted breeders with proven genetics. I hope that in the long run we will also gain the respect and trust of those who make this industry what it is today.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts
    I'm gonna go against the grain and not wish you luck!

Good luck with whatever else you have going on though!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

joe23 (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    i willllllllllll just keep shopping from breeders i know personally.... because that how you support small buisness in this us of a

1.0 Spider
    0.1 Mojave
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Pastel
    1.0 Butter
    1.0 Hurricane Hypo
    0.1 %66 PH hypo
    Hedgehogs:Bailey, Shinzi, Nebula, Shuffle & Thor
    African grey - Jayden

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oliverstwist For This Useful Post:

rivunel (12-07-2011),snakesRkewl (12-07-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
    I'm gonna go against the grain and not wish you luck!

Good luck with whatever else you have going on though!
    Thanks, sho220! I appreciate it!

Thanks

Zach and Avi... who are you guys?! How long have you been in ball breeding? I got that same "Along Came a Spider" Nerd poster. If I take my smiling picture in front of it, can I be legit too? Excuse us for being skeptical but the Ball Python/Reptile industry is inundated with scammers and people straight up in it just to make a buck.

I'm getting flashbacks to a company a few years ago that overnight put out a ton of ads using "cheap" and "buy morphs for less" in their advertisements. Morph King Reptiles and the people associated with that company are still looked upon as a black eye to this industry.

How about showing us some pictures of your facility? Collection? Snakes breeding? I'm thinking that this will just be another chapter in this highly drama-filled Ball Python industry...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkieJ For This Useful Post:

Don (12-08-2011),Ezekiel285 (12-11-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieJ View Post
    Zach and Avi... who are you guys?! How long have you been in ball breeding? I got that same "Along Came a Spider" Nerd poster. If I take my smiling picture in front of it, can I be legit too? Excuse us for being skeptical but the Ball Python/Reptile industry is inundated with scammers and people straight up in it just to make a buck.

I'm getting flashbacks to a company a few years ago that overnight put out a ton of ads using "cheap" and "buy morphs for less" in their advertisements. Morph King Reptiles and the people associated with that company are still looked upon as a black eye to this industry.

How about showing us some pictures of your facility? Collection? Snakes breeding? I'm thinking that this will just be another chapter in this highly drama-filled Ball Python industry...
    I was reading some of their comments on other sites (facebook, other forums) and it seems like they purchase the snakes from top quality breeders and then sell them on their website. My assumption is that the model allows them to make a decent profit off the snake.

Butter: market value of $350
    She is currently at $2.08

Lowest rate per bid seems to be $0.55, and highest rate per bid seems to be $0.90 (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'm going to average $0.72 per bid.

There have currently been 208 bids on this butter female if my average calculations are correct. This means that they have to sell her at $4.86 minimum to break even. Everything after is profit.

Let's pretend they purchase a snake from NERD at $1,500.
    They need to have 2,083 (average) bids on the NERD snake for them to break even. The snake would sell at $20.83 at this break even point. Everything after is profit.

Please correct my math if I'm wrong, it's late.

Interesting business model. It might work for some people. I would be wary that the person winning the snakes at the end is not a legitimate customer (like you or me) but a friend or bot. But I guess if we see that people from BP.net or Fauna or something are winning the snakes and singing the praises of the site, my opinion might change. I know some of the bigger penny auction sites have auto-bids and shillers that increase the price or never allow a real customer to get the product.

This is not to say that ballbids.com is going to do the same thing, but that it's a complaint many have against penny auctions. As time goes on, we'll see who is getting the snakes and that'll verify legitimacy
    Last edited by Slashmaster; 12-07-2011 at 02:53 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slashmaster For This Useful Post:

rivunel (12-07-2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,036 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slashmaster View Post
    I was reading some of their comments on other sites (facebook, other forums) and it seems like they purchase the snakes from top quality breeders and then sell them on their website. My assumption is that the model allows them to make a decent profit off the snake.
    So they are "auction flippers"?
    Jerry Robertson

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
    So they are "auction flippers"?
    It's MKR auction style!
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...