Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,348

1 members and 3,347 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Harlequin Wide-Stripe

A friend of mine has a 1.1 pair of harlequin wide-stripes that he bought at the 2009 Canadian Reptile Breeders Expo (CRBE) from a breeder who attended the show from the US. They are awesome looking and I've been doing some research on them for the past couple hours... most threads end in "more breeding needs to be done."

I found a youtube video of a harlequin wide-stripe x mojave and it was awesome looking... but haven't had much luck finding info on how clutches have turned out or if anyone has tried to prove out a line of them... an old website said something about a harlequin side-stripe when bred together but no pictures or links or anything and it hadn't been updated in a long time.

About a month ago I picked up this 1600g virgin 2008 female... looks very similar, but his are a little darker on the sides. Either way this girl was a steal for only $150!

Sooo anyways I'm just beating an old drum here but has anybody got these, working with them, have a picture of a super, etc? Any info on them would be much appreciated

Thanks
    130 Views, No Replies... nobody has anything to say about these? haha

Maybe its a secret.

I've kept doing research and to the best of my knowledge these are a co-dominant mutation just waiting to be officially proven.

A lot of people say they're just normals... but search harlequin mojave on youtube... (probably not supposed to link it as its not my video?) stripe or not, that snake has more going on than a regular mojave.

Any clutches I've been able to find pics of from harlequin x normal breedings show a clear difference in the offspring between normals and harlequins.

I'm trying to decide whether I should pair this girl up with my Lemon Blast male or do a joint breeding project with my buddy to see if we can hit a super. I haven't seen much on harlequin x harlequin breeding. Still a while yet before any breeding goes on so I'm sure I'll change my mind 4352355 times and put her with something totally different, but in any case I would love to read more about this "morph."

Cheers

Thanks
    a buddy of mine who is on this forum has harlequins and he has a mojo harlequin, i had never heard of it til i went to his house and they r pretty hott....as for any more info im sorry i dont much more about them
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING THE BODY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to luna13 For This Useful Post:

Drewp (05-06-2011)

Thanks
    i have a male that has the same belly as that one along with a female that should breed next year should i try proving something out?? ok what im asking is would it be worth it to try and prove a line out of them?
    1.0 black pastel dh ghost clown 'Ezio'
    1.0 "dinker" 'Coco'
    1.0 pastel lesser het clown 'Link'
    1.0 enchi het albino 'Master Chief'
    1.0 sable het hypo 'Sephiroth'
    1.0 bumblebee het hypo 'Leon'
    0.1 lesser het ghost 'Zelda'
    0.1 Mojave 'Tifa Lockhart'
    0.1 normal dh ghost clown 'Sophia'
    0.2 normal 'Baby' & 'Yuna'

Thanks

Re: Harlequin Wide-Stripe

This:

Quote Originally Posted by Drewp View Post
    do a joint breeding project with my buddy to see if we can hit a super....
    - Dave Harms - www.wax32.com | Pinstripe, Yellow Belly, Sulfur, Cinnamon ph G-Stripe, Pastel het Hypo | Pastel, Fire, Albino, Mojave, Lesser Platinum ph G-Stripe, Pastel ph G-Stripe, het G-Stripe, het Hypo, het Piebald, Pastel Yellowbelly

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wax32 For This Useful Post:

Drewp (05-06-2011)

House Snakes Addict... Aes_Sidhe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,065 Times in 848 Posts
    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... is a harlequin genetic?? I believe is natural random occurrence... something like "non genetic reduced" or like ringers or classic jungle... Or they get Proved already ??
    Last edited by Aes_Sidhe; 05-06-2011 at 12:29 AM.

CLICK HERE to LIKE The RLReptiles on FACEBOOK

Rafal Lisinski

1.0 Striped African House Snake "Marduk"
    0.1 Striped African House Snake Ishtar
    1.0 black phase Brown House Snake Seth
    0.1 black phase Brown House Snake Nephthys

Thanks

On the dutch forums there's a lady with a yellowbelly harlequin, but it may possibly be a fire harlequin because of a multi sired clutch.

Her female ovulated again this year, and some more breeding trials need to be done I guess.

Here's a picture of the animal she now calls ' quinstripe '

**picture removed**

Copyright Bumblebee (Jamie)

Groet,

Yaron
    Last edited by dr del; 06-04-2011 at 08:43 PM. Reason: removing picture at right holders request.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ntume For This Useful Post:

Anya (05-20-2011),CLSpider (05-07-2011),Drewp (05-06-2011),green farmer (05-14-2011),koloo921 (05-06-2011),monk90222 (05-06-2011)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

I think it's a random occurence here is a thread that I started with pics of my first clutch I think my female is a widestripe http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...85#post1546685

12. The Following User Says Thank You to chago11 For This Useful Post:

Drewp (05-06-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aes_Sidhe View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but.... is a harlequin genetic?? I believe is natural random occurrence... something like "non genetic reduced" or like ringers or classic jungle... Or they get Proved already ??
    You are right, as I stated they are not a proven morph. Thats why I am looking for more info on anyone who has attempted or is trying to work with them. I know VMS Herps had a line that they were/are? trying to prove out and some of the offspring they were getting looked like the parents. There are some birthing records including pics that can be dug up for those interested.

My girl doesn't look as promising as the pair my buddy owns, or a lot of pictures I've seen of them... her colour is normal, but her stripe is very thick similar to a lot of them I've seen. That being said, in the Harlequin mojave video, they show what they call a harlequin and it looks totally normal coloured with less of a stripe than mine. So who knows whats what.

They seem like they have so much potential, I can't believe more people aren't working with them. Prove them out as dom or co-dom and you've got one of the coolest pattern mutations out there that has barely been crossed into anything yet. Mojave and now maybe yellowbelly crosses are all that I've seen... and no super that we know of, other than apparently "Harlequin Side-Stripe" which I can't find pics of. Thanks for that pic of the yellowbelly cross btw Yaron, that is an awesome snake. Could be fire x yelllowbelly but either way I want one of those haha.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by python_addict View Post
    i have a male that has the same belly as that one along with a female that should breed next year should i try proving something out?? ok what im asking is would it be worth it to try and prove a line out of them?
    I think if proven out they'd be a valuable morph, especially if they were dom or co-dominant. Genetic Stripes are fairly popular and take twice as long to work with being a recessive gene.

I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to on the belly pic, looks pretty normal to me. Post up some pics.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast