Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,415

4 members and 3,411 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: **GRAPHIC** Reminder to always monitor live feedings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by highqualityballz View Post
    Whether it was a day or days, a rodent should not be left with a snake unattended overnight period. That's all this post was about, I took it to another level with a pic to show how serious it can be, but all the live feeder fanboys/girls got butthurt thinking I was talking down on live feeding in general.
    Still missing the point and not accomplishing anything,

let see maybe picture work better with you

look this is what happen can when you use a heat source for your sakes

This is what happen if you don’t feed your snake

Do you think this helps? Warning for things that are just common sense and rarely happens are pretty much useless and only done for shock value and attention. Do you think this thread is saving 1 life, 2, 3 maybe because let’s face it very rarely happen, it’s like those warning on anything and everything like plastic bags and buckets, they are there just because at some point something happened to someone and the company got sued. (absurd and honestly useless warning)

How about you educate people instead? (that means writing based on experience of course) and trust me it’s much better than graphic pictures which don’t educate people nor do they make them change (if it was the case nobody would be smocking.) it chocks people they’ll have it in their mind for a hour or two maybe a day and they will soon forget because our society is pretty much immune to graphic imagery, the key like everything is education.

People see a graphic picture they think “oh no this is what happens when you feed live” and you have not accomplished anything (case point with the second poster) and you have not bother to educate them either after reading this reassuring that live feeding was ok

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedFox View Post
    This is exactly one of the biggest reasons I stopped feeding live. Jeez, just looking at that makes me sick and sad. I'm gonna go cuddle with Calliope now...
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As for butt hurt not quite I feed what works (I have no preference food is food) and I believe in educating people, I don’t believe in shock value and attention seeking thread titled
    **GRAPHIC** Reminder to always monitor live feedings!!!
    which associate lack of monitoring with tragic results.

I guess now we should make warning post about everything and make sure to make it as graphic as possible.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

zina10 (03-29-2017)

Thanks

Re: **GRAPHIC** Reminder to always monitor live feedings!!!

Just cause you think it's common sense doesn't mean everyone knows. I'm done arguing. Whether you like this post or not alot of people can learn from it and your opinion on whether this will help or not means nothing. Sorry not sorry

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to highqualityballz For This Useful Post:

AntTheDestroyer (03-29-2017),OneEyedFox (03-30-2017)

Thanks

Re: **GRAPHIC** Reminder to always monitor live feedings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Still missing the point and not accomplishing anything,

let see maybe picture work better with you

look this is what happen can when you use a heat source for your sakes

This is what happen if you don’t feed your snake

Do you think this helps? Warning for things that are just common sense and rarely happens are pretty much useless and only done for shock value and attention. Do you think this thread is saving 1 life, 2, 3 maybe because let’s face it very rarely happen, it’s like those warning on anything and everything like plastic bags and buckets, they are there just because at some point something happened to someone and the company got sued. (absurd and honestly useless warning)

How about you educate people instead? (that means writing based on experience of course) and trust me it’s much better than graphic pictures which don’t educate people nor do they make them change (if it was the case nobody would be smocking.) it chocks people they’ll have it in their mind for a hour or two maybe a day and they will soon forget because our society is pretty much immune to graphic imagery, the key like everything is education.

People see a graphic picture they think “oh no this is what happens when you feed live” and you have not accomplished anything (case point with the second poster) and you have not bother to educate them either after reading this reassuring that live feeding was ok

As for butt hurt not quite I feed what works (I have no preference food is food) and I believe in educating people, I don’t believe in shock value and attention seeking thread titled which associate lack of monitoring with tragic results.

I guess now we should make warning post about everything and make sure to make it as graphic as possible.
    I did later say that I also stopped feeding live because of financial reasons and made a very long post about how I'm fully aware of the circumstances required to cause such an incident. I was educated. I'm sorry, I just don't like having my post used like that when I did make a follow up post the very next morning regarding the subject, and shining more light on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1.0 Normal BP "Calliope"
    0.1 Hypo Leopard Gecko “El”
    1.0 Normal Leopard Gecko “Axle”
    0.0.1 Poecilotheria Regalis
    0.0.1 Poecilotheri Subfusca
    1.0 Siamese mix cat “Kurt”
    1.0 DLH Cat “Vodka”
    0.0.1 Suriname Red Tail Boa

"I’m just more comfortable with fauna and flora than with other humans."

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OneEyedFox For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (03-30-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Those that say graphic imagery does not work are not correct. Those that say it always does are not correct. I don't know how many different ways I can say it but different things work on different people. Deborah is right, graphic imagery has not stopped me from smoking. It has stopped my daughters from sticking their faces in snake tubs. Over the years they had only learned the nice side of my animals. They play with them like they are the trusted family dog. They are at the age where I have decided they can start helping me feed but no amount of talking could convince them that their "toys" could so drastically change behavior. Unknown to them I set up a situation with one of their most trusted animals who is pretty large for a ball while they watched me feed. I basically set it up so that it appeared that the animal spontaneously launched itself half way out of the tub at my face. I made sure that they could see the speed of the strike with the mouth wide open. I of course knew the animal was coming and how far it could go. This was a wake-up call for them. They saw a trusted animal suddenly act like something dangerous. They no longer stick their faces over snake tubs at any time, and are now super careful when dinner is served. If this had failed to convince them I was prepared to go ahead and take a bite and hopefully bleed a little bit. I didn't though. The shock factor of the behavior change was a good enough.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,962 Times in 1,669 Posts
    Sure looks like a mouse to me. Not that the type of rodent really matters. What does matter is context. Instead of getting the real information regarding this picture, we're settling for 3rd?, 4th?, 20th? down the line. Ever play the whisper game as a kid? You sit in a circle and one person whispers something in the ear of the next, who whispers it to the next, etc, etc. When it gets all the way around the last person says what was whispered to them out loud. These kind of posts always remind me of that game.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567