Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,257

1 members and 3,256 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,096
Threads: 248,539
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, eamorris97
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

MICE DIRECT,, what a JOKE.

Just as a heads up for anybody that is thinking about using them, and might want the opinion of some one that has had some first hand experience.
    I wont tell you how I feel about them,, and I wont tell you what I said to Nathan from mice direct, but I can give you the facts of my previous experience with them, and let you decide if its the service you expect.
    First, I started calling them at the beginning of Feburary, alway left messages, no one ever answered the phone. Eventualy, I got a call back and said that I had a few questions about a upcoming show that they were going to be at (3-31-12/ 4-1-12). Ther person that called me back told me that I was going to need to call Nathan because he was the one that did the shows. The person told me I needed to leave a message with him because he (Nathan) never answers his phone. Well,,, I left a message on Nathans phone, but he never called back, so I called the origional number (Mice direct) and left ANOTHER message asking if they were still in business, and if so, Id like to place a order to be picked up. FINALLY, the guy from Mice Direct called me back and I told him what I needed, and he said he would have Nathan call me.. Nathan called,, and ask for my Email and this is the Email I got:

To: liveoakreptiles@yahoo.com
    Sent: Thursday, March 1, 2012 2:09 PM
    Subject: Perry Repticon Show Feeders

Jason,
    Please let me know what sizes and quantities you are needing and I will send you a price quote back next week.

Thanks,
    Nathan

And heres what I replied:
    On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Jason <liveoakreptiles@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Here is a list of what we need:

2 bags pup rats (100 rats)
    1 bag small rats (50 rats)
    1 bag weaned rats (50 rats)
    21 bags medium rats (420 rats)
    11 bags jumbo rats (55 rats)

If you can get a price quote before next Tuesday (02/06/12) that would be good.

thanks,
    Jason
    And then:
    To: Jason <liveoakreptiles@yahoo.com>
    Sent: Thursday, March 8, 2012 1:55 AM
    Subject: Re: Perry Repticon Show Feeders

Hey Jason,
    As long as everything is in stock which it appears that it should be at that time. Your order will come to $1045. You can pay for it at the show and all I would need is a phone number in case there is an issue with your order.

Thanks,
    Nathan
    FAST FORWARD to today (3-31-12) I show up to the show, found the Mice direct booth, and say "HI ,Im Jason, I placed a order with yall". So after Nathan does something on his phone for about 10 minuets, he tells me "I sent you a Email yesterday morning did you get it?" (NO, I dident get it, because I dident check it yesterday,,,,,,my fault) .anyway,, here it is:

FROM:Micedirectshows TO:liveoakreptiles@yahoo.com Message flagged Friday, March 30, 2012 10:13 AM
    Jason,
    We currently have a shortage on sm-jumbo rats, and will not be able to fill your whole order. I am checking to see how many med and jumbos we can do right now for you. What we might be able to do is part of your order now and in a few weeks bring some more your way on a Floridia show run. Let me know if that might work? But right now we are looking at maybe 60 Med and 20 jumbos.

Thanks

I laughed in His face and told him that that was WEAK. Thing about it was that they had a whole lot more that what I was asking for in their freezer right infront of me but he said that he couldent sell those to me because those were to be sold at "show price" and not at the "discounted pre order price".

for those that choose to use them,,, I hope you have better luck than I did. Now, I must go so I can place an order with Rodent Pro.
    Jason
    Last edited by mr.spooky; 03-31-2012 at 03:28 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mr.spooky For This Useful Post:

zeion97 (03-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    Should've just used rodent pro from the start ;-) I've never dealt with Mice Direct, but I know right now a LOT of places are having a major shortage on Jumbos, Larges, and Medium rats. Guess its the breeding season rush, but Rodent Pro gave me a ship date 2 weeks from purchase date for a small order of 100 Small and 30 Jumbo as of last weekend. Still have to wait another week minimum before shipment will be here.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

mr.spooky (03-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 1,377 Posts

Re: MICE DIRECT,, what a JOKE.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.spooky View Post
    he (Nathan) never answers his phone.
    I ain't too bright, but that doesn't seem good for business...
    Lucifer Sam, Siam cat...
    Always sitting by your side,
    Always by your side...
    That cat's something I can't explain...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:

Mft62485 (03-31-2012),mr.spooky (03-31-2012),zeion97 (03-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Rodent pro is cheaper too.
    Idk why he would choose not to sell you them. Are "show prices" higher than the ones online or lower?
    Im pretty sure if i have the chance to sell someone over $1K of rats im gunna do my best to make the sale lol...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

Mft62485 (03-31-2012),mr.spooky (03-31-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    When I dealt with rodent breeders at the NARBC last year the prices were about 25% cheaper than online plus no outrages shipping charges. But this was neither Rodent Pro nor Mice Direct
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to reptileexperts For This Useful Post:

mr.spooky (03-31-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike41793 View Post
    Rodent pro is cheaper too.
    Idk why he would choose not to sell you them. Are "show prices" higher than the ones online or lower?
    Im pretty sure if i have the chance to sell someone over $1K of rats im gunna do my best to make the sale lol...
    this might answer that.. I dident post this conversation because i dident think that it was relavent, but sence you ask..

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Jason <liveoakreptiles@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thanks for the reply,
    I have a few more questions.
    1. do you accept debit/credit cards at the shows?
    2. how will you have the rats at the show,, are they already boxed w/ dry ice, or do I need to bring a cooler.
    3. Why is the price higher than the total (without shipping) from mice direct? I was under the impression that buying from a show would eliminate the shipping cost?
    Thanks again for your time
    Jason

Hey Jason,

1.) We do accept Credit Cards at the show but will have to charge tax since it is a sale within the state of Georgia. If you can pay cash at the show we will pay the tax as we will not have to pay the bank for the credit card processing fees.

2.) At the shows we have the rodents stored in freezers so if you can bring a cooler that would be perfect.

3.) The prices at the shows are generally higher due to the additional cost associated with the shows such as travel expense, labor, show sponsorship, etc... But by placing a pre order, we can cut that price for regular customers with larger orders. Such as the regular show price for your order would have come to $1415.00. We also try to make sure that your order total comes out less than it would be with the shipping.

If there is anything else please let me know.

Thanks,

Nathan

Hope this explains stuff........
    jason

Thanks
    Thanked 7,979 Times in 5,583 Posts
    Woooow so he basically screwed you over bc of $300? I mean its not like he would have made out that much better bc if he had to ship them to you then it would have cost money bc of the size of your order. lol some people...
    1.0 normal bp
    mad roaches yo

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike41793 For This Useful Post:

mr.spooky (03-31-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by reptileexperts View Post
    Should've just used rodent pro from the start ;-) I've never dealt with Mice Direct, but I know right now a LOT of places are having a major shortage on Jumbos, Larges, and Medium rats. Guess its the breeding season rush, but Rodent Pro gave me a ship date 2 weeks from purchase date for a small order of 100 Small and 30 Jumbo as of last weekend. Still have to wait another week minimum before shipment will be here.
    Iv always used RP, I was just trying to save on shipping. I started thses conversations with them over a month and 1/2 ago, to make sure that i was going to get my stock. I would have understood, and acepted it if they were short 100 or so,,, but I ask for 400+ in the begining, and at the last minute they said all they could do me was 60...?????? thats a big diference. And remember,,,,, they had ALOT more than what I ordered sitting right infront of me in one of there freezers.
    jason

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    If they had the rodents in the freezers, then in MY opinion, those were your order and you should have left the show happy with your full order.

Your order was pre-made and should be fulfilled FIRST before the possible sales to the general public who did not make arrangements. I could understand if they had several orders and were going to short everyone so that every order got at least some of the jumbo, etc. But to say it was just to sell at the show is a bit ridiculous.

Sorry you had the bad experience and I hope next order from whoever goes smoothly!
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wolfy-hound For This Useful Post:

angllady2 (04-01-2012),mr.spooky (03-31-2012),notmyfault (03-31-2012),The Serpent Merchant (04-01-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy-hound View Post
    If they had the rodents in the freezers, then in MY opinion, those were your order and you should have left the show happy with your full order.

Your order was pre-made and should be fulfilled FIRST before the possible sales to the general public who did not make arrangements. I could understand if they had several orders and were going to short everyone so that every order got at least some of the jumbo, etc. But to say it was just to sell at the show is a bit ridiculous.

Sorry you had the bad experience and I hope next order from whoever goes smoothly!
    Totally agree, that's just bad business on their part. Hope you get what you were hoping for elsewhere.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    1.2 Normal Ball Pythons
    1.1 Pastel Ball Pythons
    0.1 Mojave Ball Python
    1.0 Cinnamon Spinner Ball Python
    0.1 Firefly
    0.1 Cinnabee
    0.1 het Russo
    0.1 Champagne het Russo
    0.1 Sugar

2.2 Leopard Geckos
    1.0 Bearded Dragon