Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,251

0 members and 1,251 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Are there two now?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    It's a Chaco Golden Knee, (Grammostola aureostriata I believe).

The little guy looks SO much bigger than before, and has happily started eating again.
    Just adorable! Yes, Chacos will eat until their hearts content. They make great pet T's and will grow decently quick if you keep the temps warm and you feed it well!

Good luck!
    Denise

165 Tarantulas
    1.1 Normal Ball "Maleficent" "Ebeneezer Squeezer"
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa- "Rajah"
    0.1 Blood Python-"Ruby"
    1.0 Trans Pecos Rat Snake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ArachnoLady View Post
    Just adorable! Yes, Chacos will eat until their hearts content. They make great pet T's and will grow decently quick if you keep the temps warm and you feed it well!

Good luck!
    That's the goal! I'm already thinking about giving him a bit larger container. Nothing too big, but he can just about touch the top right now.

Is it possible to feed them too much? I'm hesitant to offer more than a couple small crix a week, for fear I'll overload the sling. Any tips on keeping the little guy? I'm so new to T ownership, and trying to absorb all the info I can find (which is few and a bit varied in content)
    Christie
    Reptile Geek

Cause when push comes to shove you taste what you're made of
    You might bend, till you break cause its all you can take
    On your knees you look up decide you've had enough
    You get mad you get strong wipe your hands shake it off
    Then you Stand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    That's the goal! I'm already thinking about giving him a bit larger container. Nothing too big, but he can just about touch the top right now.

Is it possible to feed them too much? I'm hesitant to offer more than a couple small crix a week, for fear I'll overload the sling. Any tips on keeping the little guy? I'm so new to T ownership, and trying to absorb all the info I can find (which is few and a bit varied in content)

Yes, it is possible to feed too much. A few crix a week is fine. I would keep the substrate slight damp with some water drops on the side of the container so it can drink. If you feel you need to change containers, then I would do so. You do not want t's cramped for their next molt cycle.

Once this T is larger (around 2-3 inches) you can start keeping the substrate on the dryer side and then you can give it a bottle cap full of water. I tend to let the water run over the cap every now and then to provide mild humidity. Every week or so, you can lightly mist the substrate but when they are juvie/adult size,they do not require high humidity-only the babies.
    The problem with this forum is its difficult to upload photos directly to it and I end up not posting photos so I can not show you my set ups.

Since I have so many Ts I use sterilite containers with holes drilled in them. I buy plastic pots and cut them in half which is used as a hide. I also add some plastic plants for decoration.

If you are wanting to learn more about T's, you can visit www.ats.org (american tarantula society). It is a great forum with very knowledgeable people.

I can answer questions you may have as well.
    Good luck. You have an *adorable* little Chaco!
    Denise

165 Tarantulas
    1.1 Normal Ball "Maleficent" "Ebeneezer Squeezer"
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa- "Rajah"
    0.1 Blood Python-"Ruby"
    1.0 Trans Pecos Rat Snake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ArachnoLady For This Useful Post:

tigerlily (01-13-2009)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12