Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,420

1 members and 3,419 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,594
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
    Thanks

Moving with frozen mice?

IM going to be moving soon and I have about $200 worth of frozen mice. Most of them are not even opened yet and are in a vaccum packed bag... The move is about 2,400 miles away and will take about 3 days to get there in the moving van...

The move isnt going to take place until december or january so it will be cold out side, thats at least one advantage. Do you think if I took a cooler drilled a small hole for a vent and packed it full of dry ice with the mice in there that it would survive for 3 days? Or is there a better method of doing this?

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Moving with frozen mice?

Quote Originally Posted by Mochelem View Post
    IM going to be moving soon and I have about $200 worth of frozen mice. Most of them are not even opened yet and are in a vaccum packed bag... The move is about 2,400 miles away and will take about 3 days to get there in the moving van...

The move isnt going to take place until december or january so it will be cold out side, thats at least one advantage. Do you think if I took a cooler drilled a small hole for a vent and packed it full of dry ice with the mice in there that it would survive for 3 days? Or is there a better method of doing this?
    i was gonna say fill a coolor with a bunch of regular ice and just do that, it may work that way it may not.

Thanks

I was watching something in TV about Omaha Steaks. With the dry ice, they have three days of frozen solid steaks, after that, there's no guarantee. So, I'd go with dry ice, the regular ice would start to melt and wouldn't keep them frozen solid.

Thanks

Wrap them all in newspaper as you pack them, lots of newspaper per pack. It will aid more then I can type out here. I have seen it done.

Thanks

perhaps you could look for a place at the halfway point to refresh your dry ice if necessary
    My Collection: 3.2 Mojave, 4.9.3 Normal, 1.0 Het Pied, 0.8 Pos. Het Pied