Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,559

0 members and 2,559 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Deciding on my first Boa

Edit: I meant to say "IS there a boa that has the same patterns as a Ball Python?"
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    -Albert Einstein

Thanks

It won't let me insert a picture.
    The pictures (there's 2) are in my gallery though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chz View Post
    Edit: I meant to say "IS there a boa that has the same patterns as a Ball Python?"
    I think the Common Boa is somewhat similar to the Ball python pattern. Is it South or Central American? Not sure. Grows up to 8'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaFlipski View Post
    I think the Common Boa is somewhat similar to the Ball python pattern. Is it South or Central American? Not sure. Grows up to 8'.
    The Columbian Boa is usually refered to as a common Boa... and I personally don't think it looks much like a BP:

They can grow up to 8', but typically range between 4' and 6'. Many of the Central American Boas are a little darker... Nics and Mexicans...and a little shorter. South American boas---Peruvians, Brazilians, Bolivians, etc.---seem to be more silver or yellow in color (check out www.riobravoreptiles.com for different localities). They can get quite a bit bigger than normal Columbians.

There are some ground boas that have nice dark markings...

But I really don't think there are any boas that would be mistaken for a BP.

Thanks

Question Re: Deciding on my first Boa

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    The Columbian Boa is usually refered to as a common Boa... and I personally don't think it looks much like a BP:

They can grow up to 8', but typically range between 4' and 6'. Many of the Central American Boas are a little darker... Nics and Mexicans...and a little shorter. South American boas---Peruvians, Brazilians, Bolivians, etc.---seem to be more silver or yellow in color (check out www.riobravoreptiles.com for different localities). They can get quite a bit bigger than normal Columbians.

There are some ground boas that have nice dark markings...

But I really don't think there are any boas that would be mistaken for a BP.
    Thanks for clearing that up. How do the two of those get along when they meet? Pretty cool photo.

Thanks

Glad you picked the dumerils they are great snakes! Rainbows are like other said tough to keep happy, you have to keep humidity and temps spot on or risk illness or death. They also happen to often turn into jerks as adults, even docile babies often get snappy and irritable as adults.

I agree with what has been said about ETBs, however, there are a lot of different tree boas and not all are that hard to keep. Both Haitian Tree Boas and Madagascar Tree Boas are pretty easy to keep and tend to be docile,
    Jack Spirko

Check out "the site" on the African House Snake - and get a free copy of "The Reptile Book", by Raymond L. Ditmars.

Find stuff you won't find ANYWHERE ELSE! Social Networking at HaterOrLoved

Spammers are scum! If I had my way they would all get reincarnated as feeder mice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12