Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,335

1 members and 3,334 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks

Re: Info on Crickets

So just to clarify here.....are cresties in any manner live prey specific. I guess what I mean is if I offer Sprocket some crickets one day and some phoenix worms another day and vary his diet is that okay? He's always like his crix better but does take his meal worms though not with as much of a feeding response (especially if you put them in the flat bit of his climbing tree for some odd reason). I know mealies aren't the best choice, unfortunately they seem to be the only darn choice here that I can find so I'd rather give him crix and phoenix worms as his live food if that is okay to do. Oh and even though he's obviously growing he still seems to not be all that interested in the GSD or peach baby food. He gives it a lick or two but I'm forever tossing the stuff out.
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

it should be totally fine to vary his diet. i have found with my cresteds that crickets are always a favorite because they love to hunt, but a varied diet is always a good thing for them. if sprocket will eat mealworms he will probably go for the phoenix worms too--supposedly they are very wiggly and squirmy which geckos like.
    - Emily

Thanks

Great thanks Em! I think he likes his worms really wiggly and that's why he doesn't go for them in his dish so much as they don't wiggle about really in there. Put them in his tree though and they wiggly madly and he's on them like white on rice (does the proud Gecko mom grin! is it totally dorky that I cheer him on when he hunts?)
    ~~Joanna~~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123