Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,918

1 members and 1,917 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,760
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Probably a dumb question, but here goes.

Quote Originally Posted by piranhaking
    It's kinda like a cream filled doughnut, the cream is in the middle, so whats it matter if theres a little on the outside to.
    well i am still unsure on this comment it is gross if you think about it, but still funny as hell. i think i will use it in my sig, lol,

as far as the question, i would go with the majority here. unhealthy on the outside probably means unhealthy on the inside as well. i don't purchase frozen rats, i do the deed before they feed, but i would think twice if i noticed waste on the outside af the rodents.
    4.3 Normal Ball Pythons - Raphael, Spot, Oscar, Strykr, Honey (aka A.O.L.), Jasmine, Precious
    1.0 Grazi Line Pastel Ball Python - Chance
    1.0 possible het carmel albino - Cpt. (One Eyed) Jack (genitcally missing right eye, very ify het status)
    0.12 Normal ball pythons in transaction

Thanks

well i dont think that feces of any sort would make much of a problem. Especially because freezing is good to kill bacteria so i would figure a frozen rodent covered in feces would have less bacteria than a live one. And theres been certain times when my snake literaly squezees the crap out of my live mice as well.
    EDDY H.uh I forgot my name

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piranhaking
    It's kinda like a cream filled doughnut, the cream is in the middle, so whats it matter if theres a little on the outside to.
    It was 12:47 in the morning when i wrote that, i was a little tired and that was the best i could come up with . Good point about freezing killing the bacteria though. It really doesnt matter much though now, because im only making one order(hopefully), then im freezing my own from now on. I'll post some pics soon of the CO2 chamber im about to make. I got the plans off of another site that is already linked here somewhere (its the one that uses vinegar and baking soda) but i've improved the design a little bit, and made it one freestanding unit instead of having seperate parts hooked together with hoses. I'll be picking up the parts tomorrow morning . It doses the CO2 in low levels to begin with to put them to sleep peacefully, then once they are out quickly raises it to finish the job. They've done their research and found out how much volume of gas comes from the reaction, and adjusted the amounts of the ingredents you use to get the levels right. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thanks

I believe when urine and poo is outside the body that promotes bacteria but not inside the body. And also on the inside you cannot smell and taste it, so the snake will eat it. But who knows how long poo has been outside of a body of a dead rat when it was package or when they shipped them who know sif they unthawed for a few hours and the poo and piss collected bacteria.
    A weird thought past through my mind.
    Just thinking if the Police Raided my home, they'd see a 14ft retic slithering around, a large redtailboa, a large Ball python who acts like a lap cat, and a corn snake who thinks he can make a nest out of my hair... and if they went inside my garage and checked inside my freezer... they'd find dead bodies.

RIP Billy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12