Quote Originally Posted by jotay
My post was civil, please tell me where it was not?
Why didn't I see that comment after the other rants and condeming of folks who posted the vid???
Second read the post, like I said I am NOT an animal rights activist
I just don't see how killing something can be called a hobby???
Especially when the same folks will post about the horrid conditions of animals in Pet Stores or kept by folks who they don't deem fit. How they feel sorry for animals. Get my point ???
Never said it was wrong said if they don't like being attack maybe they shouldn't call it a hobby. It's my opinion and it seems everyone else can post and rant their's why is there a problem with mine ??? Because it's not in agreement with everyone else??
Like I have said in many posts Some on here need to lighten up.
I am an avid Bass fisherperson but I don't call it a hobby and I release all my fish still very much alive.

I guess I see the way these boards have circled, it's ok to rant as long as it is the same rant as everyone else. PLEASE!
I never said you were not being civil Sorry to make you think that. Please reread my post. Like I said, I love a good discussion on this topic. It is great to hear the 'other sides' opinion.....and I respect it. It helps me understand why people think so negatively about my hobby. Nothing that i said was ment to be 'uncivil' so I apologize if it seemed that way.

Back to the discussion, if you would like to continue.

If killing is involved in an action, does that make it not a hobby? You keep reptiles....are rodents killed somewhere in the process...you may not do it but it is done somewhere along the lines. To say that is ok but that killing another animal in a hobby that you do not take part in is kind of hypocritical.