Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,945

0 members and 1,945 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,392
Threads: 248,759
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ball-o-rama
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,796 Times in 3,901 Posts

RIP - Tyler and Sampson

I have not posted much in a bit and it has been a tough few months.

Among other things, we lost Tyler, our Schnoodle, at over 16 years old. Then, soon after, Sampson, our ****zu, at over 14 (he got dementia and was really struggling both physically and mentally).

Alpha is our only dog now. I think it will be like that for a while, or her life, as she is not awesome with other dogs. Tyler, Sampson (Sam), and Moxie were established and she was adapting when she moved in here after months of turmoil.

Anyway, Tyler has been my buddy forever. I got him as my 28th bday present in 2008! We went through so much together. He helped me through a kidney transplant, a divorce, and helped me land the love of my life, Katie. Sam was Katie's since he was a puppy. He was my buddy for 8+ years.

When Tyler met Katie, he was pretty much convinced she was his mom. He basically said, okay, we are done, put a ring on it! He adored her. He knew before I did.

Sam was the same with me. He told Katie I was the one. He told her I was a good guy and a keeper. It helped her trust me.

When we were dating and I left Katie's house, Sam would howl and bark for hours. Tyler would do something similar. He would whine at the door and fall asleep by it from exhaustion.

Additionally, when Katie and I met, I had Tyler and Banning, and Katie had Sampson, Moxie, and Bailey. 5 dogs! No way they would all get along so we could live together. Well, Sam wouldn't let that happen. Everyone loved him and he was the glue that kept the pack together. After a few scuffles when they first met, Sam said, "ENOUGH." He convinced everyone, and quickly, that we needed to make this work, and it did.

Those were the Original Dogs, OD's. They are all gone now. It's sad. They all lived good lives and I have solace in that knowing they were loved and always will be. It also means Katie and I have been together for a while and we are still going strong. That makes me happy and I know it would make them all happy too.

Tyler

Sam

The OD's at Our Wedding

RIP Sweet Doggies.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (08-17-2024),Bogertophis (08-17-2024),EL-Ziggy (08-17-2024),Homebody (08-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,919 Times in 4,803 Posts
    I am sorry for to hear about the loss of your pups.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,175 Times in 12,056 Posts
    I'm so sorry for the recent loss of your dogs...I know just how hard that is. I currently have only one dog (Misty), after we had to say goodbye to Buster for health issues at age 17.5. He had a good long life, at least, & for the last year & a half, the addition here of Misty made him (actually both of us) very happy. (We previously suffered the loss of Casey, our long-time buddy, at age 16.) The awful part now is that Misty (approx. age 13) was recently diagnosed with a serious health challenge after 2 small but high-grade mast cell tumors were surgically removed. All that to say that our dogs are family members...it's very hard to lose them, but always better to have had them in our lives for whatever time they & we have together. May your buddies rest in peace...
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

dakski (08-17-2024),EL-Ziggy (08-17-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,522 Times in 2,705 Posts

Re: RIP - Tyler and Sampson

I’m sorry for the loss of your beautiful fur babies Dave. They both lived long, and I’m sure happy, lives with you and Katie. I hope all the love and good memories help get you through this tough time. I’m praying for y’all. All dogs go to heaven. Rest easy Tyler and Sampson. 🙏🏾✌🏾❤️🌟
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (08-17-2024),dakski (08-17-2024)