Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 644

2 members and 642 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,216
Threads: 248,623
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Sharon84
    Thanks

Unhappy clear thing coming out of my ball photons private area

Hello,
    I recently purchased a baby ball phyton at pet smart this Friday. Yesterday, Saturday I noticed this clear thing coming out of her private area. It has been stuck there since yesterday, I am very concerned since it is starting to look red. I also tried feeding her yesterday and she didn't eat. I tried cleaning it off of her but I was afraid to hurt her. As in her behavior, she has been pretty active, nothing seems unusual with her behaviors. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

please help

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 859 Posts
    Please bring your snake back to the store and insist that it needs to see a vet immediately. They will most likely require you to relinquish the animal back to them. Which means refunding you.
    This animal is sick. that is it's intestine. It has to be seen by a vet before the tissue begins to die off.
    Because of the possibility of parasites or bacterial infection that causes this, I would also consider returning the products you bought as well. Unless you would rather disinfect it all with something like a 5-10% bleach solution.

As a side note, a ball python will very rarely eat the next day after taking it home. Typically they will not eat for up to 14 days when moving to a new home.
    I also don't understand why you are using a plastic bag to hold this small baby. The bag would be much scarier than your hand with a glove on.
    Last edited by Armiyana; 06-10-2024 at 08:43 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (06-10-2024),Homebody (06-13-2024)