Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 959

0 members and 959 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Daveb82 (42)

» Stats

Members: 75,222
Threads: 248,630
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Langdon
    Thanks

Rehoming Question

I am going off to college this fall, and I currently have one ball python. Was wondering if there is somewhere where I could possibly contact someone that would hold him for me while I am living on campus and then return him back. There was a breeder that I thought was going to do this for me, but he is no longer able to. If this isn’t possible, where would the best place be to list him? When people rehome ball pythons do they even sell them for money? Would the best place be on a Facebook group? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Rehoming Question

Where are you located?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Where are you located?
    Louisiana

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EthanMG View Post
    Louisiana

Unfortunate. I'd be willing to help if you were within snake transportation distance of Iowa, but that's probably not the case unless you're traveling this way for some reason. Hopefully someone else knows something.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gobuchul For This Useful Post:

EthanMG (06-10-2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 11,934 Posts
    You might try groups on Facebook, but do be careful- if you're "re-homing" him, that means you're not getting him back. And some on FB call themselves "rescues" but what they're doing is accepting unwanted pets & then selling them to anyone for profit. I don't recommend doing that...

I'd ask around at vet's offices to see about boarding or rehoming him- some also have bulletin boards or know people that would be interested- & some are on staff. How long do you plan to be on campus & unable to have him with you? There's a limit as to what is a reasonable length of time for someone to "babysit" a snake. And realize that many things can happen while doing that.

You can, of course, "list" him here too: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/foru...tion-or-Wanted

Hindsight being 20:20, you probably got this pet at the wrong time in your life, sorry to say.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 06-10-2024 at 04:48 PM.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    Unfortunate. I'd be willing to help if you were within snake transportation distance of Iowa, but that's probably not the case unless you're traveling this way for some reason. Hopefully someone else knows something.
    Thank you so much for the offer, but I won’t be traveling that way for any reason any time soon.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    You might try groups on Facebook, but do be careful- if you're "re-homing" him, that means you're not getting him back. And some on FB call themselves "rescues" but what they're doing is accepting unwanted pets & then selling them to anyone for profit. I don't recommend doing that... I'd ask around at vet's offices to see about boarding or rehoming him- some also have bulletin boards or know people that would be interested- & some are on staff. How long do you plan to be on campus & unable to have him with you? There's a limit as to what is a reasonable length of time for someone to "babysit" a snake. And realize that many things can happen while doing that.

You can, of course, "list" him here too: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/foru...tion-or-Wanted

Hindsight being 20:20, you probably got this pet at the wrong time in your life, sorry to say.
    Okay thank you good ideas for places to check. Yes, unfortunately it probably wasn’t the best choice, but I thought I had a plan in place but it fell through.