Quote Originally Posted by VelkynKarma View Post
Unfortunately I didn't think to get a photo. This happened right before I was supposed to leave for work, so I was more concerned with getting his tank cleaned up before I had to leave so that he had clean water and hides available.

I don't think it was any kind of bacteria or mold, unless there's some kind that can spring up overnight. I usually keep his water dish pretty clean, change it regularly, and I keep a couple old copper pennies in it to help with bacteria. It was fine last night before I went to bed.

When I went to dump out the water and clean up the dish before refilling it, I noticed there was also a bit of poop at the center, but no other digested remains other than fur. I'm thinking now he really did just poop out a bunch of fur and when it sat in the water dish the fur just poofed out. Gross, but not as alarming as I first thought.

It's a good thing we love our pets, because they do seem to enjoy throwing us curveballs haha
You also didn't give us a sense of the actual size, but in the past, once in a while I've seen a snake defecate some fur-laden material- you can actually see the swirls of thick fur in it- obviously it was more than they could digest- & btw, I don't recall this ever happening when feeding mice- only when feeding rats, & their fur is much more coarse (& apparently hard to digest). I wouldn't worry about it- chalk it up to just another snake-prank.