Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,089

1 members and 3,088 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,151
Threads: 248,592
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lunarlily28
    Thanks

Mites or Parasites?

So being a Paranoid parent, but my ball is about 6 months old, weighs 333g as of yesterday. After feeding her thawed/frozen did a spot cleaning and picked up a large present from her. Before I did, I noticed it looked like a bunch of tiny bugs crawling all over the feces. She just shed Monday so haven't noticed any dark spots out of normal. I'm gonna wait for her to digest and then look closely at her eyes and mouth and rest of her body for signs of mites.

Also no traces of anything in the water as of yet.

Already ordered the provent a mite and de flea spray that llcreptiles.com recommended. That's the most detailed care sheet I've read and would like feedback before I go and do more harm than good.

Just curious if it could be parasites since I've seen them on her feces.

And a photo for moral

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Mites or Parasites?

I can't say for sure without pics, but you can easily check her for mites the next time you're handling her. Just grab a flashlight and look closely for weird black/dark red moving spots. If you're going to do this, I suggest checking on the vent, near the sides of the belly, and under her chin (especially the gular fold). I also suggest using some white bedding like tissue, paper, or paper towels if you haven't already, just to be able to see mites crawling around if there are any.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Re: Mites or Parasites?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonald Drump View Post
    I can't say for sure without pics, but you can easily check her for mites the next time you're handling her. Just grab a flashlight and look closely for weird black/dark red moving spots. If you're going to do this, I suggest checking on the vent, near the sides of the belly, and under her chin (especially the gular fold). I also suggest using some white bedding like tissue, paper, or paper towels if you haven't already, just to be able to see mites crawling around if there are any.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice, had her out tonight and looked her over closely. Didn't see signs of them but I'll watch her closely to be sure.
    Now I'm gonna wait til her next bowel movement and see if I'm just seeing something.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Millsr231 For This Useful Post:

Tonald Drump (03-31-2018)