Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,101

3 members and 1,098 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

D3rv (47)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,614
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: EGGS, Finally my first clutch!

Quote Originally Posted by Aercadia View Post
    Congratulations on your belated easter eggs!
    Thanks, yeah they where just in time it was 23.15 on 2nd Easter day when I pulled the clutch (I live in Holland/Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    That's a very nice first clutch Andrew congrats

If you think you are excited now wait till they start pipping it's the best feeling that will get you hooked for life.
    Thanks Deborah, I believe you, though I think I am already hooked haha

Quote Originally Posted by AerialArtist View Post
    Congrats on your first clutch! Isn't it the best?
    Hey Aerial, yeah it sure is!

Quote Originally Posted by greco View Post
    Congratulations on the beautiful eggs! Good luck proving out your ph hypo.

Be prepared-- the wait will be excruciating! Totally worth it though when you see your first pips.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Hey thanks, in all honesty, I did this pairing to single out the "+ extra" the male has but the closer she came to laying her eggs the more I started thinking about the fact that he is a ph Hypo and that I could get Hypo's. We'll see I got my fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxygirl View Post
    Awesome clutch. How much did she weigh before laying?
    Thanks Galaxy, she weighed around 3300 grams before her first lock, I didn't weigh her after that anymore. and though I am very excited I did have a little scare after I took her of her eggs, I knew she would be skinny but wow she now only weighs 1975 grams and really looks skinny where some of my others look really good with their 1700 grams or so haha.

Quote Originally Posted by piedlover79 View Post
    Congrats!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by WmHrbst View Post
    Congratulations! 10 healthy eggs for a first clutch, so cool! 41 days, that must have felt like a year :-)
    Thanks WmHrbst, yeah you are right it did seem such a long time and I am normally not the guy with the most patience when he is really looking forward to something, there where times I could run my head in to a wall the first 30 days I could handle but after that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowcountry Balls View Post
    Congratulations! Do you already have Day 60 circled on the calendar? Look forward to seeing the little babies poking their heads out and crawling out!
    In all honesty, I circled day 55 I won't cut any eggs before at least 1 has pipped but from day 55 I'll start looking twice every day if I have pippers haha

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    Congrats Andrew. That's a big first clutch and lots off chances to prove out the phet. I'm looking forward to May.
    thank you rldit, though it is my frst clutch it was her 4th clutch, in the past she has had a 6 egg cluch and two 7 egg clutches but it is her first clutch with me and indeed with 10 chances enough to see if the male is a het Hypo.

a couple of question though, I at first was thinking to start feeding her next week, but now that I have seen how skinny she is I really do not want to wait that long, when do I start offering food to her again?
    I understand i have to start with a small rat, and do I feed her once a week a small rat for a couple of times or is it ok to give her a small rat every 5 days untill she goes back to her normal sized prey item?
    and how long do I keep feeding her small rats untill she can switch back to her normal prey size?

Thanks,

Andrew
    YouTube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCue...yj1vBeeIUZVl2Q

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

Thanks
    Thanked 2,872 Times in 1,500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ARBallMorphs View Post
    a couple of question though, I at first was thinking to start feeding her next week, but now that I have seen how skinny she is I really do not want to wait that long, when do I start offering food to her again?
    I understand i have to start with a small rat, and do I feed her once a week a small rat for a couple of times or is it ok to give her a small rat every 5 days untill she goes back to her normal sized prey item?
    and how long do I keep feeding her small rats untill she can switch back to her normal prey size?

Thanks,

Andrew
    I would wash her and her tub up real well to eliminate any lingering scent of the eggs and then try offering her food the next day. You can try a small or even a weanling just to get a meal in her. Once she's eating, you can do 2 or 3 feedings with a smaller prey item than normal, and then offer her a medium. If she doesn't take it then stick with the smalls for a couple more feedings. The important thing is she is eating. The rest will sort itself out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rlditmars For This Useful Post:

ARBallMorphs (03-29-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rlditmars View Post
    I would wash her and her tub up real well to eliminate any lingering scent of the eggs and then try offering her food the next day. You can try a small or even a weanling just to get a meal in her. Once she's eating, you can do 2 or 3 feedings with a smaller prey item than normal, and then offer her a medium. If she doesn't take it then stick with the smalls for a couple more feedings. The important thing is she is eating. The rest will sort itself out.
    OK thanks!

yeah washing the tub and her was the first thing I did yesterday after I put the eggs in the incubator!

Females;
    Normal 100% het. Hypo, Lesser Pastel, Super Fire, Leopard, Mojave, Pastel het. Piebald, Orange Ghost, Pastel 100% het. Clown, Normal (very clean and reduced patterned) 100% het. Clown, Enchi, Pinstripe, Black Pewter, Albino 100% het. Piebald, Normal 66% ph Hypo, Normal 66% ph Piebald

Males;
    Clown, Super Pastel Calico, HGWG, Pastel 100% het Piebald, Cardamon Fire 50% ph Hypo, Banana, GHI, Cinnamon 66%ph Pieb
    ald

BPnet Veteran Slowcountry Balls's Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't stress out if she doesn't eat right away. I've had some girls take 3 or 4 weeks to start eating again after pulling eggs. Remember that if she were incubating the eggs, she could go for another month and a half or more without eating, so it may take her a couple of weeks to want food again. Hopefully she'll eat right away, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Slowcountry Balls For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Congrats on your first clutch !!!!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andylee11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Nice clutch! 10 is a great score for your first one. Congrats!

Dave
    1.0 Banana Siagi (Butters) - 1.0 GHI Chocolate Het Ghost York - 1.0 Mystic Potion Sarge - 1.0 Pied ​Maine - 1.0 Normal Tucker - 1.0 Huffman ​Lopez
    1.0 Black Pastel Mojave Yellow Belly Church - 1.0 VPI Axanthic Spider Ozpin- Butter Hypo ​Jaune

0.1 Super Black Pastel Texas - 0.1 Humble Bee CT - 0.1 Pied Carolina - 0.1 Killer Bee Sheila - 0.1 Black Pastel Ghost Pinstripe Coco - 0.1 Pastel Yang - 0.1 Spider Nora - 0.2 Lesser Huffman Pyrrha/FILSS
    0.1 Pastel Yellow Belly Sally - 0.1 Pastel Orange Ghost Kaikaina - 0.1 VPI Axanthic Cinder - 0.1 Banana Cinnamon Kimball - 0.1 Shatter Spider​ Octavia - 0.1 The Red Gene Lemons

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA Dave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slowcountry Balls View Post
    Don't stress out if she doesn't eat right away. I've had some girls take 3 or 4 weeks to start eating again after pulling eggs. Remember that if she were incubating the eggs, she could go for another month and a half or more without eating, so it may take her a couple of weeks to want food again. Hopefully she'll eat right away, but just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Yeah, that did somehow slip my mind haha, Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Andylee11 View Post
    Congrats on your first clutch !!!!!!!
    Thanks Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AKA Dave View Post
    Nice clutch! 10 is a great score for your first one. Congrats!

Dave
    Thank you Dave, I was hoping for maybe 8 eggs but this I didn't see coming

Females;

Males;
    ald

Thanks
    small up-date,

The female ate this evening!

Normally I feed on Mondays but since it was 2nd easter day yesterday and everything was closed I moved it to today (I had no rats) and thought ok lets try and she took the rat! it was a small 34 gram rat so I think that is starting easy

should I wait an whole week now or should I give her another small rat in 5 days orso?

Females;

Males;
    ald

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    oh wow, awesome size clutch! congrats, looking forward to seeing the kiddos
    For the Horde!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12