Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,288

0 members and 1,288 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Btripp08 (38)

» Stats

Members: 75,150
Threads: 248,591
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Dbook
    Thanks

spotnose pinstripe

Ok, i have ball python fever. They are all i think about. Well i found an ad for a spotnose pinstripe, not something i had on my long want list But this guy is different. Worth looking into? Or what's your thoughts on him?

These are the add photos.

Thanks

Re: spotnose pinstripe

Looks pretty awesome to me! But it's all about what you think of him, not what anyone else does. Good find!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Smile Re: spotnose pinstripe

I think he is definitely unique. You don't see many of these guys around. Cool.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,201 Times in 3,028 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That is a very cool looking animal, for sure. And if that animal really sparks something in your heart, it may be right to go for it. Sometimes we run across deals we'll always remember with sadness that we didn't take when we had the chance.

BUT..."ball python fever" has been the downfall of many hobbyists. They get excited by, and can't resist, every "cool looking animal" they run across and can squeeze money out of the wallet to buy. This has two common outcomes: They get so many snakes so quickly that what started out as a fun hobby very rapidly turns into a lot of work and they burn out, lose interest, and sell out. OR...they may stick with it and maintain their passion for the hobby, but when it comes time to start trying to breed all these amazing animals, their collection is so diverse and scattered that they can't focus on specific projects and may not have room for the babies they want to produce because they have so many other random animals in their collection.

My advice is to give a lot of thought to what your real goals are with these animals. If you just want pets to admire, figure out which morphs/combos really make you happy and are worth the time and space they will take up in your life. If you want to get into breeding and selling babies, then decide which morph projects you want to work with...which combos make you really excited? And then make a plan to buy only the animals that fit into those plans, and take the time to look for the best examples of each.

Obviously, those goals aren't set in cement. It's not like you're locked into a major at college. There may be times when you'll want to think outside the box you've built, and there's nothing wrong with that. But it will serve you well to consider all this before buying any "cool looking animal" that catches your fancy.

Sorry for the lecture....I just see so much of this and sometimes need to say something.
    -- Judy

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JLC For This Useful Post:

anicatgirl (05-04-2015),bcr229 (05-03-2015),CrazyPiston (05-03-2015),Marissa@MKmorphs (05-03-2015),MarkS (05-03-2015)

Thanks
    Yup. Well, I didn't get him. Tempted, got close, almost did, but didn't.

Judy

Thank you for your lecture.

And you are so right! He may be a cool oddity, but when I do breed I want to have space for the pastel super enchi ghost I hope to make. I also would like some black pastel ghost or some orange dream yellow belly to add to all my enchi goodness.

So many cool morphs I super duper want that I don't need just a cool oddity.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyPiston For This Useful Post:

JLC (05-04-2015)