Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,495

1 members and 2,494 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,612
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99

Thread: Pinkies!

Thanks

Pinkies!

So my little rat colony expanded by 10 healthy lil pinkies this afternoon. I came home from getting supplies for rat tubs and lo and behold the most preg looking of my rat girls was mid delivery! Daddy rat was in the opposite corner of the tank looking a bit confused.

I was planning on moving the male before she had her pups. It might be a day or two before his new tub is all ready. I was watching him while he investigated the liter. He seemed more interested in mama than pups. Any thoughts on whether he should relocate immediately?

I am aware that the female is able to get preg right away fwiw. I'm not too worried about that.

Anyways, here are the new cuties;

And mom checking out the iphone;

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BPs - Lots
    Corn Snake - One.
    Retic

Fuzzies
    Dog Cat Mice rats

Offspring - 10 plus grand-offspring 0.0

Thanks
    I would only really be worried about her getting pregnant again immediately after, since apparently it isn't very good for them (pregnancy complications, from what I understand. Having babies takes a lot out of them, they need some time to build themselves back up). I've also heard about the males not getting along well with the babies, but I've never kept my male in with my females for longer than two weeks, so I don't have much experience with that.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Daigga For This Useful Post:

BPSnakeLady (01-11-2015)

Thanks

Re: Pinkies!

That is true. I'm finishing getting his tub ready today so he'll be moved over. So far, from what I've seen, he hasn't shown much interest either way towards the lil guys. Mama is a chill enough rat that she doesn't mind me looking/touching babies and she came up for a head rub earlier. It was very cute. In my opinion.

Years ago when I bred rats (back in hs I was the supplier for a couple boys at school who had snakes) I only had the one male and female and they didn't co-habit long term.

looks like my mice are about to pop too. ooo more babies! And they ARE separated from the male.
    BPs - Lots
    Corn Snake - One.
    Retic

Fuzzies
    Dog Cat Mice rats

Offspring - 10 plus grand-offspring 0.0