Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,667

1 members and 2,666 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,172
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Ro55y5
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Planning on first pairing: Opinions on conformation?

Temperament definitely does have a genetic component, but also environmental. It is neither nature nor nurture, but a little of both. When I was breeding for pet and show purposes only, I had rats that did NOT need handling, and were just as friendly and easy going as those that were handled from day one. It is about looking for the boldest, least stressed, most way going rats,and go from there.

Katdog that's great! I'm glad they are doing well for you. I keep meaning to go to the shows just to see how things are going, but I never make it. You know about the farm zoo I have! Lol
    I have to ask though, Do any of your pedigreed rats have BWR in their lines? If so what names?
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fraido View Post
    That happens when anyone suggests anything, for the most part. :|

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Truth.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sorraia View Post
    Katdog that's great! I'm glad they are doing well for you. I keep meaning to go to the shows just to see how things are going, but I never make it. You know about the farm zoo I have! Lol
    I have to ask though, Do any of your pedigreed rats have BWR in their lines? If so what names?
    Nope, I only have one boy with a written Pedigree right now. I'm still getting info from the breeders about my other rats, but I doubt there's any BWR in their lines.
    I would be stoked to come across your rats though! PMing you would be my first thought for sure! I'm sure it would make you super happy to find some of your descendants

I didn't actually end up being able to go to the show, unfortunately, it would have been a blast! I had too many things going on that saturday, I picked up my rats the night before the show.
    I can imagine how difficult it can be with all your animals! We used to have a farm zoo like that before moving to Hemet. Man, do I miss that!

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kat_Dog View Post
    Nope, I only have one boy with a written Pedigree right now. I'm still getting info from the breeders about my other rats, but I doubt there's any BWR in their lines.
    I would be stoked to come across your rats though! PMing you would be my first thought for sure! I'm sure it would make you super happy to find some of your descendants

I didn't actually end up being able to go to the show, unfortunately, it would have been a blast! I had too many things going on that saturday, I picked up my rats the night before the show.
    I can imagine how difficult it can be with all your animals! We used to have a farm zoo like that before moving to Hemet. Man, do I miss that!
    There's a few descendants floating around here and there, mostly from early in my lines. most of the other breeders I had worked with are no longer breeding either, or moved out of state. There's definitely a lot of turn over in the rat community. Those who stay around the longest all seem to go underground at some point too. It's weird.
    Why keep a snake? Why keep any animal? Because you enjoy the animal, find something beautiful and fascinating about it, and it fits seamlessly into your lifestyle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234