Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,217

1 members and 2,216 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,602
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    so i made a ho,e made one but i cant seem to get it to flow
    work. i have a air pump attatched to a hose that runs to a litter bottle with s air stone at the end touching the bottom. then 2 hoses outputting flowing air into the tank. the bottle has water but i see no difference in humidity. what did i do wrong

Thanks

Re: Does anyone use the homemade humidifier?

so i made a homemade humidifier with a 1 litter soda bottle. i attatched a hose to a fish tank air pump. the hose leads into the bottles lid. at the en of the tube is a air stone. the bottle has water in it and 2 tubes leading into the pythons tank. the 2 ends of the tubes in the bottle are located at the bottom of the bottle and sit an inch inside of the bottle above the water. my sealant did not seal the holes so good so that may be my problem. does anyone have some suggestions.

Thanks

Re: Does anyone use the homemade humidifier?

this is Ech. i have echinson in a 10 gallon setup. i am about to build a home made humidifier,
    i bought a fish tank air pump, 2 packs of 8 foot tubing and dap sealant and air stones. thats all ya need pretty much. heres what my set up looks like.
    !

i used plastic wrap on half the lid to keep heat and humidity in zhe tank and from rising out of the tank drastically .

on this side the right side of the tank, i have this hide box made from tupperware, there is moss inside and ontop as well as a UTH to make a sauna like spot for shedding. the reptibark also helps with shedding. i have 2 kinds of substrate in my tank for dual purpose. humidity and shedding.

i have 2 air stones in the water dish to create moving water and it helps humidify the tank. remember some reptiles do drink the water dripping from leaves.

on the left side the cool side. i have echinsons hide box same as the other. burried under reptibark and under the water dish providing a dark place that is cool for temp regulations. there is moss inside here. and actuall 2 hide spots in 1. ech preffers the amaller side of it.

i also left the cool side vosable from the back. echinson is always in the coolside so i figured it be nice to be able to spy on her n see if shes ok or not.
    also i pour 8 ounces of water treated with reptisafe into the hot sides substrate so the UTH will evaporate it into the air making it humid for hours without having to check it and its not to humid.

my temps and humidity pretty much stay at this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12