Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,927

2 members and 2,925 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
    Thanks

Zorro done good..

well, I moved him up to a rat fluff, and he struck and constricted with very little encouragement... he took in a little bit of aspen, but nothing I'm gonna worry about... just have to try and feed him in one of those plastic critter cages... next week I'll try him with 2 fluffs.. onwards and upwards..

Thanks

Re: Zorro done good..

Congrats on him taking rats. As far as feeding him in a critter keeper, there is no need to do so. There is no real proof that cage aggression exists due to feeding in the cage. It is perfectly fine to just feed in their permanent enclosure.

Thanks
    yeah, I'm just a little concerned about him taking in too much substrate when he feeds....

Thanks
    What kind of substrate do you have? I've used eco earth, repti bark, cypress, and now use aspen shavings. They get it in their mouths sometimes but I've never had an issue with any of my snakes.
    Alluring Constrictors

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks

Re: Zorro done good..

Quote Originally Posted by Loz View Post
    yeah, I'm just a little concerned about him taking in too much substrate when he feeds....
    They can digest bones, nails/claws, and fur...a little dirt or aspen in the mouth won't hurt them.

Thanks

Re: Cranky and Moody Girl

Quote Originally Posted by anwhit View Post
    It's pretty much impossible for me to get her on them. I've tried everything from scenting to braining and she still wouldn't take it. The only thing I haven't tried is live but I am very very hesitant to do so. I've got bitten by a rat before and man that's not fun, their teeth are terrifying. I'm too afraid that she'll get hurt.

The hide could be it as well. I had to get her a new cold hide recently because when I had brained the rat to try and feed to her, blood and guts got all over her hide when I left it there for a while. (During winter she's gets lazy and doesn't strike at her food, she prefers it just left in her cage and I usually leave it/them on top of one of her hides.) Even though I bought the same exact one, (about two weeks ago), I wouldn't doubt that she would be able to tell the difference. I haven't seen her in the hide since I got it. Is it possible that she's getting too hot because she's staying in her hot hide all the time and that's why she's soaking?
    Our skin and their scales are quite different. They are made for live prey, just don't leave it in with her too long. If she doesn't go for it within 15-20 take it out.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Thanks
    thanks for the info.. peace of mind!