Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,954

1 members and 1,953 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,199
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lilly24601

Thread: Urination

Thanks

Urination

Ok so the past 3 days I have opened up my snakes home and there has been urine all through out with a few small urates he has refused food for the first time since we have had him any ideas on what could be wrong or if we should be concerned? Worried about our boy and no exotic vets anywhere close.
    2.1 Dogs
    1.1 Cats
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Mika
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Safiya (Arrived)
    1.0 Mojave, Balthazar
    0.1 Pastel Lesser, Veronika

Banned
    Thanks
    That urine stinks,I woke one morning and it stunk of amonia so bad,he was out of his hide just laying there,I had work and couldn't do nothing til 8 hours later,I came home he was in the same spot just laying there,I thought he was dead,I freaked out ..the smell was so strong it must have been killing him being stuck in a tank.i had no where else to put him..yes, I turned down OT that day and skipped gym and went right him and fully cleaned the tank.. I'm sure ya boy is fine..

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Urination

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgards View Post
    Ok so the past 3 days I have opened up my snakes home and there has been urine all through out with a few small urates he has refused food for the first time since we have had him any ideas on what could be wrong or if we should be concerned? Worried about our boy and no exotic vets anywhere close.
    sounds like just basic metabolism if you have only had him for a few days. Most specimens fed weekly will defecate (including urine) about ever 9 days...as long as your husbandry is decent you should not have a problem.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks
    I have had him for almost 2 months now just the past 3 Days there were urates and some runny poo

Seny from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    2.1 Dogs
    1.1 Cats
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Mika
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Safiya (Arrived)
    1.0 Mojave, Balthazar
    0.1 Pastel Lesser, Veronika

Registered User Physician&Snakes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Urination

Quote Originally Posted by Holtgards View Post
    I have had him for almost 2 months now just the past 3 Days there were urates and some runny poo

Seny from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Then no worries, it's good to see that he is hydrated. You'll likely see his bowels slow down in the next day or two...then just wait until the end of the week to offer prey again.
    "Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars".- Edwin H. Chapin

"When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something; he has been put on his wits ... he has gained facts, learned his ignorance, is cured of the insanity of conceit, has got moderation and real skill".
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson