Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,919

1 members and 2,918 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kam (43)
meganp (24)

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,595
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW

Thread: Bexar County

BPnet Senior Member Bluebonnet Herp's Avatar
    Thanks

Bexar County

For the next year, my family will be planning on moving out into the country-side outskirts of Bexar County, located in central Texas. Currently, we are closer to the center of Bexar County, located within San Antonio city limits. San Antonio currently bans the possession of most exotic pets, including exotic cats, wolves, "poisonous" reptiles, crocodilians, you know, the usual. There is no ban on nonvenomous reptiles though. Monitors, pythons and boas both large and small, colubrids, etc are legal within city limits. However, as I have stated, we are moving beyond city limits, but still within county limits. So that had me wondering just out of curiosity, will I be able to keep otherwise restricted animals out there? (for example, a Serval cat, or a hot reptile? Not that I'm considering the hots though.)
    I also want to know if there are restrictions on other pets and animals though, such as livestock, the previously mentioned exotics such as reptiles, dogs, cats, etc. Just all to stay in the know.

Thanks

Bexar County

I live in Bexar County as well. I'm happy we can have our burmese, but we do have to keep up with the license for her every year.
    I think it would entirely matter on where you are moving (Rural I'm guessing). People seem to get away with alot here.

Thanks

Re: Bexar County

Quote Originally Posted by Mrl249 View Post
    I live in Bexar County as well. I'm happy we can have our burmese, but we do have to keep up with the license for her every year.
    I think it would entirely matter on where you are moving (Rural I'm guessing). People seem to get away with alot here.
    Yeah, we won't be too far from Medina at that point. I'm also curious how people sell hots at the reptile shows here, yet it's prohibited. Anyway, I'm fairly curious if I can get away with buying a serval, eventually. If not, genets aren't regulated, so that's plan B. But I'm also curious if that's where the San Antonio venom keepers are hiding out. lol

Thanks
    So I'm going to bump this up, because I want to know if owning a Serval or beaded lizards is legal according to the county.