Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,391

1 members and 1,390 guests
D3rv,
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,175
Threads: 248,605
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, LouveniaEl
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    I have had a pvc cage for my GTP for years and I cannot detect any oder.

I would definitely stick to AP or NW constrictors though. Here is my experience with Boaphile.....

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showt...phile-Feedback

I plan to get a 5-stack from NW soon myself.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,944 Times in 1,958 Posts
    I can beat that Evenstar.

I spend almost a grand on three 4 ft by 2 ft by 15 inch pvc cages with light and heat from Repti-Racks. The site said 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. I ordered them and paid in full in July. I got some emails showing the order was placed and paid and then nothing for the next few months. I sent a few emails and would get a response stating my order should start shipping soon. I didn't get my first cage until November, second one in December and finally the third this month. When I got the first cage the uth was not included. I sent an email asking for it and was told it would ship with the next cage. Alot of good that did me since I already had a snake for the cage in what was to be a temporary tub.

I did eventually get everything I ordered and I am happy with the cages. The only complaint I still have is the items i ordered like uth, light, lock keys, and mounting hardware was placed inside the cages and shipped. The problem was most of the time it became loose during shipping and put some scratches on the inside of the plexi door. That and the first two had a large portion of the seams give during shipping that had to be repaired before putting into use.

I never thought it would take as long as it did. I think over six months is alittle nuts.

During this time I ordered a cage for my GTP from PVCcages and got it within three weeks of the order date. I got it pre assembled and it is rock solid.
    KMG
    0.1 BP 1.1 Blood Python 1.0 Brazilian Rainbow Boa 1.0 Aru Green Tree Python
    0.1 Emerald Tree Boa 0.1 Dumeril Boa 0.1 Carpet Python 0.1 Central American Boa
    0.1 Brooks Kingsnake 0.1 Speckled Kingsnake 1.0 Western Hognose
    0.1 Blonde Madagascar Hognose 1.0 Columbian Boa

1.1 Olde English Bulldogge 1.0 Pit Bull

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    I remember that!! That really sucked. My pvc cage is also from Jim at www.PVCcages.com. Since we live in MI too, I was able to schedule mine for pickup. But he was fantastic with communication every step of the way.

The only reason I didn't recommend him to the OP is that he's a bit more expensive when ordering multiple cages - at least for boas. If I ever need another enclosure for a GTP though, Jim will be my first stop!
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Thanks

Sell me on your preferred enclosure brand

Even with the lacking if recommendation we are going with Proline. There is a few reasons - HDPE is at the frontline. Neither my husband or myself is comfortable with PVC off gassing. I actually has a wonderful conversation with Jeff at Boaphile. He was super helpful and was really in the front running since I am very well aware of turn around. 6-8 weeks would have not been a surprise. AP still has not responded to my email from Monday morning. This is a big turn off. Proline - can't beat the cost between the three. 1, 4x2x14 and 1, 4x2x2 with a shelf and an attached 12" bases for $755 shipped. Totally worth the time to put them together. It sure helps that Ed's customer service appears to be awesome!
    Ange'... A wife and a mom to seven trouble makers

2.1 munchkins , 0.1 cat "Shadow" MIA , 0.1 sun conure "Sunshine", 1.0 normal '10 BP "Julius", and 1.0 BCCxBCI '11 RTB "Ranjan"

~ No one is fancy but we love them none the less ~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to WifeOfSlasher For This Useful Post:

Jason Bowden (02-16-2013)

Thanks

Re: Sell me on your preferred enclosure brand

I really like the boaphiles. They come fully put together. Just plug into your thermostat and you're set! The boaphiles are sealed also. So urates, poo, spilt water etc. won't seep out the bottom.

I plan on getting some custom sizes for displays later from proline. These have to be put together and sealed by the customer.

I also have several rhino racks from boaphile. Very satisfied with them.

PS: any route you take is expensive!!!

Thanks

Re: Sell me on your preferred enclosure brand

Just saw that you are going with Proline.

You will love the new cages!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123