Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,708

0 members and 1,708 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,154
Threads: 248,593
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, GrantW
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Awm :) pics

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Capray View Post
    Aww… herps are jolly good fun!
    :sly: lol jolly good huh

ˇERMAGHERD A DERK!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pookie! For This Useful Post:

Capray (12-27-2012)

Thanks

Re: Awm :) pics

This is going to be tough... Please don't think I'm one of those "internet haters" that gets off on putting people down, however I would be remiss if I didn't point out a few things.

Firstly, I hope you do know just how big that lizard is going to get. (I'm hoping you do)

Secondly, That whole fish tank thing is horrible, I just can't think of any other way to say it, it's a lizard killer. (we sometimes call that setup a jerky drier)

You really need to get a good sealed enclosure built right away. Every moment that your monitor breaths the "wrong air" chisles away at it's internal body chemistry, and in time will lead to the lizards health failing completely.

Captive Monitor Health!

The above link best explains why.
    Last edited by infernalis; 12-27-2012 at 12:50 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infernalis For This Useful Post:

brobertson (12-27-2012),pookie! (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by infernalis View Post
    This is going to be tough... Please don't think I'm one of those "internet haters" that gets off on putting people down, however I would be remiss if I didn't point out a few things.

Firstly, I hope you do know just how big that lizard is going to get. (I'm hoping you do)

Secondly, That whole fish tank thing is horrible, I just can't think of any other way to say it, it's a lizard killer. (we sometimes call that setup a jerky drier)

You really need to get a good sealed enclosure built right away. Every moment that your monitor breaths the "wrong air" chisles away at it's internal body chemistry, and in time will lead to the lizards health failing completely.

Captive Monitor Health!

The above link best explains why.
    No not at all, I understand your concern completely!
    Yes I know how big the lizard is going to get, as well as how long he will be with us. I wouldnt have ever gotten an animal like this if I didnt have the time, space and ability to feed and house it for its entire life. I say the same things and worry when people get real APBTs without a clue lol.
    I own my home and will be selling and buying a place with more yard/an extra room specifically for my dogs and the reptiles.
    I waited until I owned my own home before I got my first bully breed dog so as to ensure I would never have to worry about not being able to rent, etc with a dog most places do not allow, I say that so maybe you will see that I am not going to just ditch this animal and I and my bf are in it for the long haul.

I noticed the humidity/heat drop with the lid we currently have and its covered so the ambient heat and the humidity stays at good levels 85-90% humidity, we are going to make the lid better so it stays perfect, we live in Phoenix so it is very dry all the time and the lid we have was "half assed" because the proper lid for the tank was lost and the one we got for it as a replacement was not secure and I would hate for him to escape and become dog/cat food! I completely agree that this lid situation isnt correct and the bf is already planning a custom plywood "tank" for the room that will offer more space and stop the heat/humidity issues.

I hope this offers some relief in your worries, and I will post pictures of the new setup and build when complete. I appologize for worrying you!

ˇERMAGHERD A DERK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12