Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,446

1 members and 1,445 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,178
Threads: 248,608
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, turntechgodhead
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,042 Times in 501 Posts

So..does BP.net count as social networking?

I am obsessed with social networking. I'll be the first to admit, I have a problem. Picture me holding up my finger to a customer's face mid-sentence so I can update my Facebook status. I still log into MySpace for cryin' out loud! I know I'm going to hear crickets. I know there's no message from a 62 year old Guy in Florida who just wanted to tell me I'm cute. But I have to check anyway! I don't text and drive. But it does take me an hour to go five miles if I'm in a text convo because I NEED to pull over and respond! It simply cannot wait until I get home. I'm not proud of it, but I am in fact "that" chick.

My boyfriend hates it. He logs into Facebook once a month to update his status to reflect how much he hates Facebook. He doesn't try to tell me not to do it, he just asks me everytime I touch my phone what I'm doing. Then he scowls

Since joining this site, I don't spend as much time on Facebook. Now when he asks what I'm doing, I'm like, "Nothing. Just reading some snake stuff." And when I'm done, I'm gonna tell you what I saw earlier on Facebook! (I kid). He doesn't get bent at all! I can read "snake stuff" all day long, no problem!

I think you guys are having a positive impact on my relationship! Thank you, Off-Topic Cafe! Now! What's everyone's Elf on a Shelf doing?!
    Adversity does not build character, it reveals it

Registered User Quantum Constrictors's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it does I love this site and have made many friends on it! Quite a few that live close to me too!!

Other then this one I am constantly signed into facebook and other reptile/arachnids boards.

And my Elf on the shelf LOL Dont know what that means but my Tarantula is on my shelf and she just molted LOL
    - Joey

No snakes anymore!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Quantum Constrictors For This Useful Post:

WarriorPrincess90 (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 689 Posts
    I am seriously addicted to this site. I am always logged in, more so than Facebook. I can't stand 75% or more of my Facebook friends honestly. The only time I check it is to look at the reptile groups, and reptile classifieds.

I think we must be the only people with kids who don't have an elf on the shelf...my poor girls!

Thanks

Re: So..does BP.net count as social networking?

I'm not clear on the elf either. It's some Christmas thing a lot of my mom-friends are always facebooking about. From what I gather, you make a mess and tell your kids the elf did it?

I'm probably wrong. I'd love to know how it really works though, if anyone here knows!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post
    I am seriously addicted to this site. I am always logged in, more so than Facebook. I can't stand 75% or more of my Facebook friends honestly. The only time I check it is to look at the reptile groups, and reptile classifieds.

I think we must be the only people with kids who don't have an elf on the shelf...my poor girls!
    One of my favorite things to do is to update my status with a funny quote of the day. Guess what my Facebook status is going to be in about ten seconds? Nine...eight...seven....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts
    I quite enjoy this site: I've learned so much from it and I'd like to think I've helped others with my suggestions or opinions. Wouldn't say I'm addicted though (though I do jump right on to show off a new addition right when I open up the package), and I personally hate Myspace and FB: I may be one of the only 21 year olds who don't have one.
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks
    It's a type of social networking. We socialize and make useful contacts. It's almost drama free and I really like that.

I saw (on some stupid FB post) an elf squatting and filling a snickerdoodle (the Hershey's Kiss kind) on a shelf. That was the only time I've heard of Elf on the Shelf until this thread. Now I'm hoping the typical elf career is not baking cookies for Christmas parties.
    Last edited by arialmt; 12-11-2012 at 02:52 AM.
    This message brought to you by the department of redundancy department.

0.1 Normal

9. The Following User Says Thank You to arialmt For This Useful Post:

gsarchie (12-11-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker View Post
    I quite enjoy this site: I've learned so much from it and I'd like to think I've helped others with my suggestions or opinions. Wouldn't say I'm addicted though (though I do jump right on to show off a new addition right when I open up the package), and I personally hate Myspace and FB: I may be one of the only 21 year olds who don't have one.
    You're my favorite responder when I post something other than nonsense! For real. If I have a legitimate question, or am reading a post by someone else with a good question, I actually hope for you to respond.
    You're to-the-point and knowledgeable without coming across like an arrogant wench. Now that I think about it, I could probably learn more than good snake care habits from you!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BrandiR For This Useful Post:

Daybreaker (12-11-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,841 Times in 1,268 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrandiR View Post
    You're my favorite responder when I post something other than nonsense! For real. If I have a legitimate question, or am reading a post by someone else with a good question, I actually hope for you to respond.
    You're to-the-point and knowledgeable without coming across like an arrogant wench. Now that I think about it, I could probably learn more than good snake care habits from you!
    You're too nice
    ~Angelica~
    See my collection HERE

4.15 Ball Pythons
    1.1 Angolan Pythons
    2.2 Cali Kings_______________________0.1 SSTP Black Blood
    1.1 T+ Argentine BCOs______________1.0 Snow Bull
    1.3 Colombian morph BCIs___________0.1 Coastal Carpet
    0.1 Hog Island BCI__________________0.1 Platinum Retic
    0.1 Het Anery BCL __________________0.1 Lavender Albino Citron Retic
    0.2 Central American morph BCIs_____1.0 Blonde/Caramel Retic
    0.1 Pokigron Suriname BCC__________0.1 Goldenchild Retic
    0.0.1 Corn

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseyReps View Post

Nope, you're not alone. I have no idea what an Elf on a shelf is.

Yes, my phone is logged into tapatalk 24/7. I get on first thing in the morning with my coffee. While my house sleeps, I bp.net...

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast