Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,225

2 members and 3,223 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,616
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RaltsXIV View Post
    I've got some generic electric guitar and mini amp but I also have a schecter Damien 6 and a peavey vypyr 75w modeling combo.

Thing is I have zero clue where to even start learning how to play. Seriously. I've had both guitars about a year now and can't get motivated because I have zero clue where to begin.
    Tips for learning, picks songs you know well. Look up tabs or chords for the song. Then get yourself a chord chart. Punk rock is usually easier to learn. Don't be afraid to take a few lessons. If you don't feel motivated by the end of the 2nd or 3rd lesson find another teacher. It doesn't have to be a professional teacher either. I occasionally offer lessons $15 1/2hr. And the local music shop with a "professional" teacher charges $50 1/2hr. Lastly learn power chords, they are easy to learn and will make you feel like a rock god in no time.

Thanks
    I like untimate-guitar.com for tabs and cords I download their app forever ago. I love that app it doesn't have every song you could want but the ones it has their made so you can learn them pretty easy.
    Normals 1.3
    Spider .1
    Carpet Python .1
    Dog APBT .1

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 1,053 Posts

Re: Who plays guitar?

Quote Originally Posted by BWyant View Post
    I play drums a little bit. Buddy of mine and I are working on putting something together for iTunes release.

The real star of my family is my little cousin, Willow. She's just turned 12 or 13 (her birthday was a couple days ago).

Check this out................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsbsiQ-hY44
    she's a beast! absolutely brilliant.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mainbutter For This Useful Post:

BWyant (10-10-2012)

Thanks

Re: Who plays guitar?

I've been playing off and on for the past 5 years or so. I've recently been playing regularly (ie, daily), but my schedule makes it hard to get consistent practice time in.
    Currently I have 2 electric guitars and a solid state modeling amp (not my photos):

- Hagstrom F200

- ESP LTD EC100

- Roland Cube 20x

Looking to save up for an Orange Dual Terror and 1x12 cab. Too many money-sucking hobbies, though
    For anyone new to guitar who can't afford lessons, I highly recommend Justin Sandercoe's website (www.justinguitar.com). There is a mind-boggling amount of free lessons and info on there.
    Last edited by Marduk; 10-08-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Thanks
    I'm 'retired' as of the last few months, honestly I don't have the time to play anymore, but I was a massive gearwhore.

I mostly played Thrash Metal, but I played a bit of Death, Power and Black Metal. And Classical of course.

About my rig, I have sold mostly all my gear, but my last rig consisted of a Framus Cobra v1 head, Mesa/Boogie Triple Rectifier head, Carvin Legacy 4x12 (with a modded switching circuit 'made by me'), a Japanese Jackson DK2M, another Japanese Jackson RR3, an LTD M-350, an LTD MH-400 and a few pedals (OD, tuner, gate, 'verb, etc..)
    But in the last few years I went thru about 10 tube amps and an AxeFx Ultra, and a LOT of guitars and effects.

I could keep posting pics all day long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Play Metal and acoustic for several years. Own an LTD mh400nt ltd h1001 deluxe an Ibanez gax 70 and a 1 series Taylor acoustic. My rig is a Peavy 6505+ head ISP decimator maxxon od 808 played through a Vader 4x12 cab

YouTube channel xswamplordx

Thanks
    I have been playing guitar for the better part of 14 years, and should probably be a lot better at than I am.
    Currently own and play a Parker P-42, Hagstrom Super Swede, Tanglewood Satin Acoustic, and a couple of custom guitars.
    I have no set style that I play in; kind of all over the map in that regard.

I dink around a lot with FLStudio these days (been using that program since it first came out) and produce music for video games, short films, etc.
    I have done an awesome job at hording all my crap and not putting it out there. I have maybe 5 or 6 tracks that have made their way into the vast interwebs, while the rest stay locked on my hard drive.

We should start a thread where everyone can post a piece of recorded music they produced!
    ~TJ~ Visit me on facebook! or Tweet me @MBReptiles

The Favorites:
    Ball Pythons Western Hognose
    1.0 Lithium Blaze
    1.0 Bee
    1.0 Spotnose
    1.0 Enchi
    0.1 Super Cinnamon
    0.2 Pastel
    0.3 Cinnamon
    0.1 Mojave
    0.1 Pinstripe
    0.1 Spotnose
    0.1 Het Hypo
    0.2 Het Pied
    1.1 Red Albino
    1.1 Orange Albino
    1.0 Albino Het Snow
    0.1 Het Snow
    1.0 Anaconda Het Albino
    0.1 Anaconda
    1.1 Het Pink Pastel
    0.5 Het Albino
    1.0 Het Snow
    0.1 Red Phase
    0.1 Pink Phase
    0.1 Green Phase

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts
    Grandma just bought this for our daughter. She has been wanting a guitar! Now she has a real, (not cheesy one from the toy store) guitar. Now I just need to find somebody to teach her to play! Looks kinda fun, I wouldn't mind learning either.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123