Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,342

3 members and 3,339 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,206
Threads: 248,616
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Az1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,356 Times in 993 Posts
    Yeah, I too have to agree that the story is cute for a story, but better if it were a fiction tale. Not to speak down to the OP, but the reality is moments like these are what cause pandemonium within residential communities when it comes to reptiles, especially once of the larger nature. This could've ended up much worse for you as others have stated, fines, loss of animal rights, your animal being put down. Fortunately, your animal control was very willing to learn and understanding of exotics in general. I would suggest though that you apologize to your neighbors and let them know what was going on if they do not know already. However, don't try and force any information upon them, allow them to be the one who asks questions. Education only works when the other side wants to learn.

Again though, glad it had a happy ending
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Retics are my passion. Just ask.

www.wildimaging.net www.facebook.com/wildimaging

"...That which we do not understand, we fear. That which we fear, we destroy. Thus eliminating the fear" ~Explains every killed snake"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,951 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Agreed ^^^

I have to admit, I did laugh when I read the op. And I am very happy it had a happy ending - and that the animal control officer was so good about everything. It seems like he/she was one of those who was willing to learn. Hopefully, if you politely explain the situation to your neighbors and offer an apology, they won't be jerks in return. If someone seems interested, perhaps inviting them over to meet your Tegu in person would be nice and educational too.
    ~ Kali
    www.facebook.com/kaliopereptiles

Check out my collection:
    Do you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12