Just had a custom rack built. The builder used some kind of compressed board, particle board. He called it Bxx Board... forgot what it was called. Something with a B in the beginning. Anyways, looking for a wood sealant that would be water/chemical resistant and maybe even something that would prevent mites from moving in.

Is there anything out there that i could coat the wood with??? I was planning to coating the outside which probably wouldn't be an issue to the snakes once it has cured and all the smell went away but if there's something that would be safe to use on the entire rack(even the parts that serve as the top of the tubs) that would be great! Looking for something that's water/chemical/scratch resistant and something that could keep mites from moving in. Someone had mentioned Varathane??? I know there's a bunch of different products Varathane uses, i was thinking probably the Polyurethane coating they sell. Has anyone used this or have any input on it???? Any help would be much appreciated!!!