Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,989

1 members and 1,988 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Kaiju (28)

» Stats

Members: 75,149
Threads: 248,589
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, koala
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Re: my cat is balemic

I have one grumpy old cat who pukes up her food on occasion. She will get so grumpy if the other cats come near her when eating, that she growls and works herself up so much, blat. You might try feeding her by herself. Maybe she is trying to hork it down before the othrs can. Might think about a vet trip to rule anything bad out.

Reptiles EVERYWHERE! Foschi Exotic Serpents's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 1,292 Posts
    That's common with a lot of cats. One of mine swallows his whole and half of it comes back up. You need to give them less. I have 2 and I have to just cover the bottom of the 2 small cat bowls in the morning and then again at night. Yes they will cry and follow me around and run to the food bowl when it's time for more food but that is better than cat puke all over my carpets.

Cats should never be free fed. They have sensitive systems and need to be fed small portions twice a day. My other cat is an angora and they are prone to obesity. She only weighs 12 lbs while the puker weighs 15 but the angora eats more and has a pudgy belly for her small frame. If I didn't feed them this way I'd have puke everywhere and an unhealthy fat cat.

Also try to give them a high quality wet food 2-3 times a week if possible. Also in small quantities. I give mine Natural Balance grain free wet food a couple times a week and feed a grain free dry food because my Angora can not tolerate wheat and corn or she gets the runs.
    Last edited by Foschi Exotic Serpents; 01-28-2012 at 04:59 PM.

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,672 Times in 725 Posts

My cat used to puke pretty often, eventually figured out it was just kibble, she does 100% better on canned or raw, I think there's just too many carbs in kibble which cats don't need and a lot can't handle. Wet food is considerably better for them as well.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,357 Times in 4,745 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by armison89 View Post
    i have three cats and my one male cat is balimic. he eats a ton but throws it all up. ive tried to change food and that works for about a month then he starts throwing it up again. i dont know what to do.
    Any luck with changing foods or vet visit?
    Last edited by DooLittle; 02-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks
    My cat does this too. He was an abandoned kitten who went without food for three days (my nephew was hoping his mom would come back for him before he finally took him in and brought him to me). He gets scared that he won't get to eat again and he eats too much too fast and then throws up. [It usually happens if I have not checked the food bowl and it's gotten empty. I try to make sure his food bowl is never empty and that seems to help.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,381 Times in 3,885 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If nothing is wrong with the kitty medically he's probably just eating too fast. 3 of our 4 cats will eat too fast and throw up. We bought an automatic feeder for them. Best money we ever spent.

Sent from my Samsung Aviator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12