Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,566

2 members and 2,564 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,202
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, CUGrad99
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    The Lowes by me sells PVC board starting out at $16.98 for a 3/4 x 5 x 8. I am unsure if they will cut it for you, however I know they will cut lumber so I don't see why not. The first two-three cuts are free and then 75 cents after that. I have drawn up plans to build a snake rack from two sheets and the whole thing from 10 CB-70 tubs, pvc board, to the Spyder Robotics Herpstat 1 will cost me $330. (The tubs and herstat alone is $230 of it.)

Just curious, while I was looking on YouTube for rack ideas I have seen people sandwich the flex watt in between the foil tape. (Layer of foil tape on the shelf, flexwatt, layer of foil tape covering the flex watt completely) Would this be the way to go? The foil tape can withstand temps up to 250 degrees and the PVC board if flame retardant. Maybe someone can point out how this wouldn't work, I know YouTube is not the best place for rock solid information.
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by M&H View Post
    The Lowes by me sells PVC board starting out at $16.98 for a 3/4 x 5 x 8. I am unsure if they will cut it for you, however I know they will cut lumber so I don't see why not. The first two-three cuts are free and then 75 cents after that. I have drawn up plans to build a snake rack from two sheets and the whole thing from 10 CB-70 tubs, pvc board, to the Spyder Robotics Herpstat 1 will cost me $330. (The tubs and herstat alone is $230 of it.)

Just curious, while I was looking on YouTube for rack ideas I have seen people sandwich the flex watt in between the foil tape. (Layer of foil tape on the shelf, flexwatt, layer of foil tape covering the flex watt completely) Would this be the way to go? The foil tape can withstand temps up to 250 degrees and the PVC board if flame retardant. Maybe someone can point out how this wouldn't work, I know YouTube is not the best place for rock solid information.
    Is there a name brand for it? I didn't see it at my local Lowes but maybe they can order it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    Is there a name brand for it? I didn't see it at my local Lowes but maybe they can order it...

It doesn't have a brand name that I can see when I search for it online here is the url to the 3/4 x 5x 8 http://www.lowes.com/pd_90098-99899-...ard&facetInfo=
    Facebook - Stare Worthy Serpents
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Stare...76771925806600

Instragram - StareWorthySerpent

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M&H For This Useful Post:

Zombie (04-29-2012)

Thanks
    It doesn't have a brand name that I can see when I search for it online here is the url to the 3/4 x 5x 8 http://www.lowes.com/pd_90098-99899-...ard&facetInfo=
    Thanks I will check it out...

Like us on FACEBOOK...
    www.facebook.com/zombiesmorphs

Thanks
    I think it's so that the tubs won't rub on the flexwatt and eventually wear through the plastic coating and cause a short/fire/shock/some-kind-of-exposed-electrical problem. Not sure why under it though. Maybe for the same reason or it's just a practice people carried over from wood racks?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123