Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 618

0 members and 618 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Re: 11 New Birthday Tarantulas arriving today...

Quote Originally Posted by Aes_Sidhe View Post
    Ok... I officially declare you insane

But On the contrary... Most of my friend think I'm insane because I have 3 Snakes .

Last Sunday my coworker ask me If I'm not afraid that one day they get out of cages and Eat ME

Congrats on New additions
    Will check out pictures as soon as You post them
    Thanks Raf!!! Yeah, people are funny when they find out you have snakes too
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    Wow congrats man! I'll have to look up most of those near the bottom because I have no clue what they are. Best of luck with them!

Regards,

B
    Thanks Brian!!! It is worth the look up

UPDATE:
    Just found out my package missed the delivery truck Now my wife is getting the run around about going to pick it up today Nothing ever goes right...
    UPDATE:
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrr, have to go to the facility to pick up the package today after 5 Nice long drive for me now and messes my day up. Glad I paid for express over night delivery and got what I paid for Better then getting the package tomorrow I guess though. Thanks Fed ex
    Last edited by Boanerges; 09-27-2011 at 01:26 PM.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    sorry to hear about the delay. looking forward to your next update though. I've been sitting on getting a g. pulchripes for far too long, and I think pictures of your new acquisitions will give me the kick in the pants I need to get moving.

hope all goes well this evening.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wwmjkd For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (09-27-2011)

Thanks
    Congrats on (soon) getting the new T's! Hope they are all safe when you pick them up! Can't wait to see the video ( esp. can't wait to see the A. Purpurea- i want one wiked bad!)

also happy belated bday- we're almost twins, mine was the day before (but no arachnids for me... but I will be getting a couple bp's soon as a belated gift
    Lena

9.15 ball pythons
    1.1 boas Tarzan, Ziva
    0.2 cats
    1 Fab Rat terrier- Roxy

1 G. Pulchra- Phoebe
    1. A. Avic- Sheiba
    1 B. Smithi
    1 Chaco Golden Knee

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LaFilleClochette For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (09-27-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wwmjkd View Post
    sorry to hear about the delay. looking forward to your next update though. I've been sitting on getting a g. pulchripes for far too long, and I think pictures of your new acquisitions will give me the kick in the pants I need to get moving.

hope all goes well this evening.
    Thanks!! I am impatiently waiting to go get them!!! You will not regret getting the pulchripes!! Trust me

Quote Originally Posted by LaFilleClochette View Post
    Congrats on (soon) getting the new T's! Hope they are all safe when you pick them up! Can't wait to see the video ( esp. can't wait to see the A. Purpurea- i want one wiked bad!)

also happy belated bday- we're almost twins, mine was the day before (but no arachnids for me... but I will be getting a couple bp's soon as a belated gift
    Thanks!!! I am hoping they are all safe too The purpurea sling will be a little gray and black cutie

Thanks for the birthday wishes and a happy belated birthday to you as well If I didn't get T's then ball pythons would have worked just as good What are you getting?
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    They are all here. First one I opened was the bara. Bigger then I thought appears to be a female. The second one I opened was the pumkin patch. She (looks like a female) has a broken back leg that will not move I only took pics of those two and got upset with the pumkin patch so no other pics were taken. I did get a look at the underneath of the new OBT and that one appears female. I am 99.9% sure my first one is male. I am rambling. Need some time to think and absorb everything. Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread and I apologize for the lack of pics at the moment...

Edit: On a side note the little minatrix shot poop at me and that is the only other thing worth mentioning. All the rehouses went perfectly and without a problem. Better then i expected...

Edit 2: Ugh, to make matters worse the pumpkin patch is on it's back right now probably molting. It wasted no time doing it. Don't know what's going to happen with the leg. Never had this happen before
    Last edited by Boanerges; 09-27-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks
    well hell, my condolences. shame to have such an anticipated birthday arrival tainted by delays and injuries. hopefully (she) will recover after the molt. keep us posted.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to wwmjkd For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (09-27-2011)

Thanks
    Good to hear they're all there, but I'm sorry to hear about the Haplopus sp. Columbia is it from a seller you usually go to? She may have a useable leg after this molt and be cripple-free by the next (or she might molt it off and start anew with the leg), but if she's already molting to regenerate, then my first thought is that maybe she was injured before shipping?

Good luck with all the new additions, and my condolences for the downer birthday present
    1.0 Normal - Maynard
    1.0 POG - Victor
    0.1 YB - Diana

0.1 Pastel Boa - Astrid
    1.0 Salmon Boa -

1.1 Leopard Geckos

0.3.2 Inverts

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexandra V For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (09-27-2011)

Thanks
    phew, thats a whole box of scarey for me!
    I cant wait until you post pictures I do like the pretty colored ones!

Sorry to hear about the mishap with the pumpkin.

Happy Birthday anyways!
    My name is Adriane
    Welcome to the Jungle
    1.0 Husband
    0.1 Banana Pied Ball Python
    2.0 Boston Terriers
    0.2 Buggs

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mues155 For This Useful Post:

Boanerges (09-27-2011)

Thanks
    Just a quick update: The pumpkin patch has molted, I molt confirmed it to be 100% without a doubt female which is good, it did not lose the bad leg in the molt but I won't know the functionality of that leg until she hardens up. Hopefully it is ok or at least not to bad She is a very pretty girl and was super sweet durring unpacking. I will post the couple pics I have tomorrow. I will try to get some others if I can but a lot of them have hidden themselves pretty good.

Edit: The leg is NOT there. I miss counted last night. It was in the dark and I was using a red ligh to see and she was in her hide. Got a good look at her this morning and it is not there. She will regenerate it though and is webbing up her enclosure now to suit her needs making it home which is a good sign. The leg will regenerate and I am glad she is seemingly ok. As long as she starts eating after she hardens up I think she will be fine.
    Last edited by Boanerges; 09-28-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Here are some pics, most are crappy but better then nothing.

Pumpkin patch (you can see the messed up back leg)

Pumpkin Patch Molt (you can still see the messed up back leg, pumpkin patch's are a dwarf species so they do not get big, I hear around 2" or so for adults)

Confirmation that the pumkin patch is 100% female

Poecilotheria bara (99.9% sure this is a female)

The avics (one on its side with no name is the Avicularia purpurea, if I faced the cube with the name showing you wouldn't be able to see the T, not that you can now)

P. irminia

Lampropelma violoceopes

Ceratogyrus marshalli (looked at this one with a jewelers loupe when it was like that and I think this one will be a male but it moved to fast to be certain but I bet it will be a male, no big surprise)

The Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black is a beauty but unless I mess with it (which I am not going to because I want them to settle in) you will not see anything special if I take a pic except for a very little part of a black T poking out of the substarte. The P. murinus that I think is a female was hiding in her hide so I didn't get any pics of her either.
    Jeff Bernard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast