Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,500

1 members and 1,499 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,162
Threads: 248,599
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Csr112

Thread: Introduction

Thanks

Introduction

Hello everyone, my name is Justin; I am 20 years old and have been a snake keeper for over 5 years and counting. I am very passionate about all animals, however something about the Ball Python really catches my fancy! As a boy throughout childhood, it was a regular happening that I would come home on summer evenings with pockets full of slithering critters. I just could not help myself....my strong fascination for the serpent was unyielding. Finally at the age of 16 I was gifted my first Ball Python; Kirrah (now nearly five years old). I could not stop there. About 2 years after acquiring my first, I was given free; a hatchling yellow belly male I named Zeus. Zeus was my first fancy Ball Python, which will have later inspired me to purchase my hatchling female Spider Morph in the hopes of being rewarded with honeybees! I have also taken in an adult Female Normal with very unique markings I named Fantashia who is approximately 3 years in age. All my Ball Pythons are individuals with characteristics all their own. Kirrah has always been my most docile, enjoying time outside of his enclosure and is as content sitting on my shoulders as he is coiled within a hide. Kirrah is my finicky feeder; in early life he refused to eat anything with a set of nuts! Refused to eat anything that was not white, and that was not a mouse! Lucky I got him out of this stage when I managed to get him eating rat pups! Now he is still finicky in the means that he only eats when he feels like, however will eventually feed on any type of rat as long as its heart is still beating. Yes, I take the risk to feed live for the pleasure of my animals. I of course supervise all feedings to reduce the risk of harmful biting and clawing. Zeus is a little beauty...blushing quite nicely down the back with a bright yellow trailing down his sides/belly. Zeus I would refer to as my beast for feed...his appetite is ten times his size, as he never misses feed and is not choosey! Zeus is known to be very territorial, and caution is taken seriously when entering his domain for handling. Zeus seems very fond of Kirrah, as he has grown into the beautiful Ball Python he is today, under watchful eye from Kirrah. Fantashia is a very sweet Ball Python. She enjoys being handled, and seems as if she would rather seek the comfort of my arms, rather then sit in her enclosure. Fantashia is a fare feeder, and is not picky. Willow is a fiesty little critter! I've not a clue whether her personallity has anything to due with her heritage as a Spider Morph, however she is very jumpy, wobbles during feeding, is very weary of her surroundings and of being handled, and does not care to be handled much. She is a very aggressive feeder, much like Zeus, but unlike my other babies Willow seems to look you straight in the eye as if to peek into the depths of your soul. Very beautiful snake. I would have posted photos if only i were able, however I can not figure out how. Please visit my profile, and feel free to message me to learn more about me. I would like to say that I appreciate all aspects of this forum, as I have so much in common with this communtiy. I honestly feel honored to be a part of BallPythons.net! Thank you.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,703 Posts
    Welcome to BP.net
    Check out what's available at

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - Gandhi

Thanks

Re: Introduction

to BP.net.
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Slinky)

RIP-2004 0.1 Samoyed/Collie (Tippy) 15.5 Years Old.
    RIP-2017 0.1 Labrador Retriever (Bitsy) 13.5 Years Old.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,011 Times in 1,840 Posts

Welcome to ball-pythons.net
    Jeff Bernard

Thanks

Thank you guys! And thank you for taking the time to read my forum! Much Appreciation!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,800 Times in 1,267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justin_greer66 View Post
    I would have posted photos if only i were able, however I can not figure out how.
    Hello Justin, and to BP.net...

To post photos, first, you will need to upload your photos to your Gallery on this website or to a photo hosting website like Photobucket, Flickr, etc...

-Open up the Reply window to the thread you want to post them in.

-Open a separate internet browser window and go to the site where your photos are posted.

-Usually below the photo, you will find some URL links or codes. Look for the one that begins with [IMG] or sometimes it may be listed as "BB Code". Highlight and copy this entire code then paste it in your "Reply" window.

-Click on the "Preview Post" button to see if the photo becomes visible. If it does click "Submit Reply". If not, then double check that you copied the right code or the entire code. The end of the code should be [/IMG]...

Here is a link to a video tutorial also. Hope this helps...

http://ball-pythons.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32416
    "Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war..."

Thanks
    Welcome to the family.
    0.1.0 Normal Ball Python 2.0.0 BCI ?
    1.0.0 Western Hognose 0.0.1 Albino Tangerine Honduran Milk Snake
    0.1.0 Rosy Boa 0.1.0 Snow Motley Corn snake
    0.0.1 Honduran Milk Snake 0.1.0 Gray Banded King Snake
    2.0.0 Okeetee Corn Snakes 0.1.0 Apricot Pueblan Milk snake
    0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake 1.2.0 Hog Island Boas
    1.1.0 Colombian Rainbow Boa 0.1.0 Nicaraguan Boa
    0.1.0 California King Snake 1.0.0 Solomon Island ground Boa