Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,049

0 members and 3,049 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,204
Threads: 248,615
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, madballreptiles
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Sani-chips VS. Shredded aspen

None of the suppliers in this area can get Sani-Chips, but the last two times I've ordered and bought the aspen, it's been in two different forms? styles? from the same vendor. Almost like they changed processing methods.

The first was more flakes, and chips shaped. The second time was more shred-like, more fine and more fluffy instead of chunky. For clean-ups I prefer the second, but it doesn't last as long, and is a little more dusty. Snakes don't seem to care either way.

I'd like the chance to use the Sani, if I could ever find a source. But since my local feed store is now able to get the 9 ft3 "bales" of aspen, it's not as urgent a priority as it used to be.

Basically, I think it comes down to personal preference, the cost, and difference of maintenance (that you're willing to do) and is needed to provide the snake with the humidity it needs.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Thanks
    National Pet Pharmacy always seems to have it and shipping is usually $5.

http://www.nationalpetpharmacy.com/P...c-Foot-Bedding

Just never seen the larger version of it. The Coarse grade discussed here.

Thanks

Re: Sani-chips VS. Shredded aspen

Quote Originally Posted by bkelley02 View Post
    National Pet Pharmacy always seems to have it and shipping is usually $5.

http://www.nationalpetpharmacy.com/P...c-Foot-Bedding

Just never seen the larger version of it. The Coarse grade discussed here.
    Thanks for the additional info, but with 36 snakes, 2.2 cu.ft. just wouldn't make it worth the time and shipping to buy it. I'll stick with the big 9 cu. ft. bale that I get from my feed store.
    Sweety314
    Fantabulous Daughter, Robin 21 Snakes & counting...Rosie, LTR, corns, Kenyan SB, RTBs, balls of var. morphs/norms; purple albino retic 2 horses, 4 cats, rat mommies, rat daddies and rat babies (mmmm, food!), In Loving Memory: Peekaboo, Goober, Scabbers, Happy (thx 4 35 years), Stripe, Baby, Snoopy, Smudge, Stewie-- You will be missed! Steve Irwin 2/2/62 to 9/4/06

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12