Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,534

1 members and 2,533 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,179
Threads: 248,609
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, ReptiFreak
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: My DIY XPVC Rack. (DUW)

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Nasty View Post
    I routered an eighth of an inch down in all of the shelves and the sides in corresponding positions. Then assembled the rack and snaked the flexwatt from the bottom to the top shelf using aluminum tape to secure it down in the routered slots.

Ahhh I figured that, too advanced for me lol

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pandp View Post
    VERY NICE!!! Great job!! Can XPVC be purchased locally in HD, Lowe's or Menards?
    You can call and ask but I know when I purchased my 4'x8' sheet of XPVC I called HD and the dude had no idea of what kind of material I was talking about. I then tried Lowe's and the guy knew what I was talking about but they didn't carry it. I ended up finding it at a local plastic supply company.

It wouldn't hurt to try and call them, maybe you'll get lucky. More than likely though, just google search some plastic suppliers around your area, that would probably be the best bet.

Thanks

Zack rack looks great! How much did you pay for the xpvc? Does it come in 4x8 sheets?
    I've contacted total plastics Inc, to get a price but dought they will be interested in selling just a couple of sheets, want to build my own cages, I have a cabinet shop so I've done mine with melamine, I'm sure xpvc can be worked with the same tools right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by martinarquero View Post
    Zack rack looks great! How much did you pay for the xpvc? Does it come in 4x8 sheets?
    I've contacted total plastics Inc, to get a price but dought they will be interested in selling just a couple of sheets, want to build my own cages, I have a cabinet shop so I've done mine with melamine, I'm sure xpvc can be worked with the same tools right?
    They'll sell you whatever you want to buy. I bought a single 4' x 8' sheet of half inch for $90. They cut it for $10 and sales tax was $6. I ordered and payed over the phone by credit card and I picked it up the next day.

You can use the same tools as woodworking, just be careful as it scratches easily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12