Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,902

0 members and 1,902 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Aag2019 (31)

» Stats

Members: 75,199
Threads: 248,610
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Lilly24601

View Poll Results: If the postal service openly shipped snakes, would it be profitable, or detrimental?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Profitable for the USPS but detrimental for the herp community.

10 24.39%
  • Profitable for the herp community but detrimental for the USPS.

2 4.88%
  • Profitable for both.

21 51.22%
  • Detrimental for both.

8 19.51%

Hybrid View

Thanks

Re: Postal Service Snake Shipping Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    No offense to you but even if it was legal I would have to say thanks but no thanks, usps is horrible (at least here here ), they can't even deliver letters properly (I get my mail in my neighbor's mailbox and I get other people's mail because they have the same street number not the right street though ) , thay drop packages on your step from waist high when it says fragile, they would rather put a notice in your box than get out of their car to see if your home when you have a package etc.

Interestingly enough I lived in several countries and postal services all have one thing in common they how horrendous.
    ill have to disagree with you on that. i use USPS for any other things and have never had a problem with them. UPS is garbage and i hate using them to ship anything.

if USPS changed rules so that it was legal to ship reptiles or inverts (Ts and scorpions) i would use them without question. to me, its USPS, FEDEX, or nothing.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas339 View Post
    ill have to disagree with you on that. i use USPS for any other things and have never had a problem with them. UPS is garbage and i hate using them to ship anything.

if USPS changed rules so that it was legal to ship reptiles or inverts (Ts and scorpions) i would use them without question. to me, its USPS, FEDEX, or nothing.
    Maybe UPS and USPS are different where you live, but USPS where I live is pretty bad. They have lost my packages on several occasions. I have never had any issues with UPS, and have shipped and received snake and non-snake packages with them many times. I actually like UPS better than FedEx for snake shipments. I did have a couple FedEx snake shipments get lost. Luckily they found them not long after and were only a couple of hours late.
    Eddie Strong, Jr.

Thanks

last UPS shippment i made was for snakes. i didn't want to do it for other reason and i don't feel like arguing those at this time. the person i was shipping to insisted on using them so i did. the package was supposed to be there around noon but didn't show up till 7.

every over night shippment i have made with USPS has showed up on time all over the country. made its just where you live.....im sure its different every where but USPS has been good to me.