Hey guys, I promised a "how-to" of the way I do my tubs. Feel free to do them any way you like. The advantage of tubs is they hold heat and humidity amazing! They are also the cheapest caging you can buy.

Here's most of what you'll need. This is one of the tubs I built last night, I didn't take pics until this afternoon so some imagination is required. This is a rubbermaid 12Qt.

Snake is optional, my male IJ wanted to say hello, then bite me.
This photo consist of some PVC, either pre-cut by you or a full pipe. This is just what I had left over and from the tub. I really like to use 1/4 inch piping and 1/4 inch bolts. Take a 1/4 inch drill bit and drill the ends of the piping after its cut to proper length and the bolt will fit very snug. This way no nuts inside to cause problems. However, this tub is from 1/2 PVC and 1/4 bolts so nuts were needed. I also like one 1 inch bolt and one 1/2 inch bolt to make removal easier.

A spare piece of PVC (or a pencil) is needed along with a marker.

Find a point you'll recognize on the tub and about the depth you want then mark the stick with the marker so each is pretty even. Most tubs have a little support piece on the side, I use those.

Find where you want and mark your tub. Mine has already been drilled so I couldn't mark. I do 2 on each side then one in the middle a little lower so it offers support to the others.

Now you'll need a drill and a basic set of bits. I like to start off with a small bit (5/16 I think) and make holes to reduce the chance of cracking the plastic. This small bit is also what you'll want to make your air holes with. I put 3 in each end corner where it's thickest. Snakes don't need much air circulation. You want these on the sides and not the tops because it holds humidity best.

Once the holes are big enough for your bolts put those in, then you cut perches.

Now off to an important part, Heating! I just got a rack but I've used UTH pads and those are common so I'll go with those. Mine are fairly old and don't really stick anymore.

You can see I have it duct taped to a piece of wood because the UTH will discolor carpet. If you're not on carpet you're pretty safe. On top of the tub is a rheostat. Very important, it controls heat and helps reduce the chance of a fire significantly.

Just plug the bad boy up and give the snake a water bowl and you're done!

Hopefully this was helpful. Any questions feel free to ask. If this set up doesn't work for you or malfunctions I'm truly sorry. However, I will not be held responsible in any way. Use my post at your own risk.