Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,173

1 members and 2,172 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,398
Threads: 248,765
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Powerline99

Threaded View

Thanks

Regurge Questiones

So today I had one of the worst days of my life regarding keeping snakes. I went from a no regurge experience ever to two regurges in one day.

Yesterday was feeding day for me. Today I checked up on all 20 of them and changed their water etc, and I found two that had regurged their meal. One of them must have been due to the mouse was too big, it didn't look too big compared to how the others eat though but I guess they can be pretty much unique to this as well, hopefully it's rare.

The other one I found today with all blue eyes, I must have missed that yesterday somehow. So here is my first question, can a snake regurge just because it's going in to shed? Shouldn't it have left the mouse alone in the first place? It all seems very weird to me, all my other snakes wont touch their food if they are going blue, even if I havn't seen them start to get blue eyes or pink belly they will not touch it. And sometimes I'm like "what the hell is his problem..." and within the next day or two they go blue.

From what I've gathered every time a snake regurge it's a very significant thing and should not be taken lightly, so tell me, you guys/girls with experience, how worried should I be? Cus I'm not enjoying this at all! Both snakes seems to be fine but I'm worried...

How long should I wait before I offer them food again?

Thanks
    -D

Edit: I know I made a typo in the topic but it wont let me edit it
    Last edited by Doxster; 01-04-2009 at 06:34 PM.