Quote Originally Posted by mykee View Post
I think that this "poll" is inaccurate in the sense that it does not determine how many or how long you've been working with ball pythons; do you have one ball python, and has it bitten you every time you touch it, or do you have three ball pythons and only been bit twice in the year you've owned them.

I fall into the "In any given year over the last ten, I've had between 100-250 ball pythons in my care, and my ratio of being bit to not being bit is 0.00001% of the time I handle them.
Agreed, some have given some insight into their "dealings". Mine, with BPs, have come once this week, young 3 month old, always timid and docile, is starting shed. Tap on enclosure to say I'm coming, went to clean up and fill the water dish and a nip. Totally my fault as he was in his hide and saw my fat fingers and scared him into defense. Two minutes later he is in my hands for a shed check, no worries.

The other for me was my brother's BP adult. Rarely handled, bad environment with noise, activity and odd light times. Definitely a defense bite as this snake is easily spooked. Tried to adopt him a few years back, but no avail...

So two times in the span of 10 years of exposure to BPs. However I did not own one until recently, but handled one or more weekly.

Glad this was not a post on how many times bitten by reptiles... Catching water snakes when I was a kid, that gave me my quota.