Quote Originally Posted by legionxxii View Post
I got a question do you have to use a water bottle for mice or would those little 99 cent food dishes work to? I was thinking about buying those plastic shoe boxes at Wal-Mart that a $1 to put the pregnant girl in to seperate them but there not high enough for a water bottle.
Don't use a water dish. She'll bury it in bedding almost instantly and they she'll have wet bedding and nothing to drink. Very unhealthy.

Attach your water bottle to the outside of the tub, like I did. Melt 3 holes, one large enough for the bottle nozzle and two very small holes near the top on either side. You can use wire or do like I did and put paper clips through the holes attached to a rubber band on the outside which goes round the bottle. THe mice can't chew the paper clips and can't get to the rubberband this way.

Trust me they will try to chew anything you try to attach the bottle with so make sure it's chew proof. also always have the bottle in the hole, the nozzle hole is big enough for them to chew unless it's blocked.

oh and the bright blue hairtye you see round the nozzle is to keep the bottle more upright. The lip of the tub was pushing the top out and making the bottles unreliable.